To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Morgantown, WV
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Nesco Resource • Morgantown, WV
Posted 26 days ago
General Statement of Duties :
This individual will assist in the completion of geotechnical projects. Perform field geotechnical explorations and investigations. Training and supervision of technicians and inspectors, maintenance of quality reviews and certifications, management of equipment inventory and calibration, client marketing and proposal preparation.
Supervision Received: Works independently on broad projects under the direction of a Department Manager.
Supervision Exercised: Minimum Supervision of Entry Level engineers when working directly with projects.
Examples of Duties:
- Interact with existing, and create a new business relationship by maintaining a responsive relationship to provide clients with the highest level of customer service and responsiveness including but not limited to providing on-site evaluation of problems and providing recommendations.
- Prepare geotechnical engineering reports. Interacts with clients on technical aspects of the projects.
- Reviews soils laboratory test result
- Assist in planning and execution of subsurface investigation programs, locating test boring inspections in the field and utility coordination.
- Development of design and analysis of earth embankments, earth retaining structures, anchoring systems, deep foundations, slope stability analysis, and foundations.
- Ability to be reliable, on time, team player, ability to monitor and enforce quality control standards and specifications, read blueprints, quality minded and client focused.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing. Ability to work with others as well as independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines and standard accepted practices. Experience with common geotechnical software. Must have strong leadership ability. Be self-motivated, reliable, quality minded and detail oriented. Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards. Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on the telephone. Must be willing to travel on a limited basis. Ability to work in extreme field conditions on a limited basis.
Education: BA/BS Degree in Civil Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering
Experience: 1 year experience in preparation of geotechnical recommendations and interacting with clients
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.