To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richmond, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Analyst, Logistics Safety & Compliance
CarMax • Richmond, VA
Posted 15 days ago
About this job
As a safety-minded professional, the Transportation Analyst will be responsible for a broad range of programs and initiatives including safety, compliance, and maintenance to ensure the prevention of injury and illness as well as continuous improvement of safety and health performance of the CarMax fleet driver organization.
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
- Manage and ensure Regulatory Compliance, while developing strategies and reports aimed at validating, maintaining and improving Regulatory Compliance. This includes analysis and research for ongoing changes and updates.
- Monitor Federal, State and Local regulations (DOT, FMCSA, etc.) to ensure that all requirements are met.
- Audit and participate in accident and injury investigations.
- Oversee performance of employees to ensure compliance by reviewing and analyzing reports and data that measure safety, security and efficiency testing;
Provide site leadership and oversight for all operations and maintenance compliance requirements;
Provide guidance and direction to our company’s Logistic and Senior Logistic Managers.
Develop and implement necessary training.
- Develop and document compliance policies and procedures.
- Manage safety projects.
- Manage the CarMax safety system to ensure correct information is entered.
- Handle onboarding and offboarding of drivers.
Purpose of the role
In this position, the individual will need to effectively communicate cross-functionally with various stakeholders and business partners in matters related to FHWA and Department of Transportation regulations, serving as the subject matter expert. The Transportation Analyst will manage complex transportation planning programs, projects and initiatives in a regulatory environment with demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
Qualifications and Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4 year degree preferred or advanced training relative to transportation compliance,
- In depth knowledge of FMCSA and DOT 49 CFR and state regulations governing drivers and fleet requirements.
- 2 years Experience in fleet safety and transportation coordinating and implementing compliance processes.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships throughout the organization, and collaborate with other departments and teams
- Ability to determine customer-specific needs and put forth actions to meet those needs
- Ability to prioritize to achieve long-term and short-term results
- Ability to develop, execute and adjust a plan with high degree of independence
- Ability to develop and initiate process improvements
- Ability to understand latest industry trends and their potential impact for CarMax
- Solves complex problems; approaches existing solutions with fresh perspectives. Works independently; receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for team members with less experience; may direct and help prioritize the work of other team members.
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone (888) 922-7629 ext. 3888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.