To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Carlsbad, CA 92008
- Julian Greene
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Kelly Services • Carlsbad, CA
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Kelly Scientific Resources has an opening for a Cost Accountant to work in Carlsbad, CA.
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Location: Carlsbad, CA 92008 Type: Temporary
Length: 04/29/2019- 10/31/2019 Schedule: M-F, 8am - 5pm
Pay Rate: $ 45-50 per hour depending on experience The Cost Accountant position will be part of the cost accounting function within the Life Sciences Solutions Group LSG of the client. The objective of the LSG Cost Accounting function is to ensure proper accounting of Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold, setting the standard cost value of our products on the actual total cost of manufacturing and to partner with Manufacturing and Finance teams to analyze and realize productivity savings. Essential Job Functions and Accountability : The Sr. Cost Accountant will be responsible for: Execute the periodic monthly, quarterly, annual financial close process pertaining to inventory and cost of goods sold
- Calculate the excess and obsolete reserves in line with corporate policy
- Maintain standard cost of goods and support the global annual cost roll process for the assigned manufacturing or distribution site, including impact to the standard margin and inventory revaluation
- Create strong collaboration with Finance and Operations business partners to identify and realize productivity savings opportunities
- Analyze manufacturing variances and drive corrective actions in collaboration with operations finance business partners Interface with company employees in related functions and demonstrate judgment, tact, and diplomacy when dealing with internal and external customers
- Drive process improvements in cost accounting processes and data flows
- Support technical accounting issues related to the month end and quarter end financial close and understand the accounting impact of proposed transactions regarding different functions and ensure US GAAP principles and rules are properly adhered to
- Execute key inventory and cost of goods sold process controls and ensure documentation of those controls meet Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting or the equivalent education and experience coupled with 5 to 10 years of progressive cost accounting or operational finance experience. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and have strong experience working in ERP systems with demonstrated hands on experience within researching and resolving technical accounting questions and issues..Prior experience with Enterprise One E1 and/or SAP is desired. Excellent written and oral communication skills; the ability to thrive in a complex, multi-level environment and have the ability to work cross-functionally with individuals and team; and the ability to take on ad hoc projects and complete them timely and accurately You have prior success in a highly matrix-ed and fast paced environment
APPLY TODAY! If you're interested in the position please send a follow up email (with your resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org for further consideration. Thank you for your time and I look forward to working with you.
At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.