Requisition ID: 110346
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Structural / Bridge Engineer in our growing Design Engineering Group based in Englewood, CO. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, MOT, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, traffic, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design Build Management team are driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support.
Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, b
This role will be based out of Kiewit’s Englewood, CO (South Denver area) office.
• Lead and perform engineering design tasks and coordinate with CADD teams in developing plans, specifications, and estimates for preliminary and final design of standard bridges, walls, and minor structures (Culverts, Inlet structures, etc.)
• Identify and understand technical requirements of design projects and implement engineering principles to develop solutions
• Identify, interpret, and apply appropriate design standards and codes; ensure compliance with contract documents
• Participate in technical meetings and discussions; strategize solutions to complex or unique technical problems
• Identify technical differentiators and develop schemes for key project pursuits
• Bachelor’s degree or greater in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering (Masters Preferred)
• 7+ years experience in relevant structural/bridge engineering design
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in at least one state, with the ability to obtain registration in the state of Colorado
• Strong all-around theoretical knowledge of structural engineering principles
• Experience with the design of multiple bridge types in concrete and steel, wall systems, and minor structures
• Experience with Design-Build or other alternative delivery methods, preferred.
• Experience with seismic design and analysis, preferred.
• Preferred experience with engineering design software, i.e. programs such as CSiBridge, MIDAS, PGSuper, etc.
• Experience with AASHTO LRFD, AISC, ACI, and other North American design codes
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Ability to travel as business requires.
Base Compensation: $92,000 - $138,000
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Engineering Design Process
Computer Aided Design