To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Herndon, VA 20170
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Franchised Banquet Chef
Marriott International, Inc. • Herndon, VA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Posting Date May 17, 2018
Job Number 18001EWK
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary Location The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, Herndon, Virginia VIEW ON MAP Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts Schedule Full-time Relocation? No
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply via email at : [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, JHM Hotels. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The purpose of the Banquet Chef is to support the Executive Chef in the Food & Beverage operations.
- Directly or indirectly supervises associates and/or supervisors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures that each Guest receives outstanding Guest Service by providing a Guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every Guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of Guest Service.
- Empowered to guarantee total guest satisfaction, display hospitality and professionalism to our guests at all times, take pride in representing Auro Hotels professionally with our guests and assuring that all transactions with guests are handled in a legal and ethical manner.
- Understands and apply all property safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment for associates and guests at all times. In the event of an accident or emergency, gets medical attention if necessary and contacts the GM or Human Resources immediately.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company associates to foster and promote a positive working environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Operate Kitchen/Banquet department within budgetary guidelines and in response to actual conditions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and controls on issues relating to Kitchen operations to include reduction of waste, spoilage and breakage; food handling and sanitation; recipe, portion control and specifications etc.
- Control food cost by training kitchen staff on the proper methods of food preparation. Streamline ordering by using production sheets to control waste.
- Assist with the development and conduct effective training programs to educate staff on specific job skills and quality of service to guests; include proper handling and maintenance of all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain effective communication within Kitchen, be responsive to staff suggestions and concerns and work to resolve problems. Ensure that kitchen/steward staffs are kept aware of issues relating to food and beverage and general hotel operations.
- Maintain effective working relationship with food and beverage management staff and hotel departments. Hold and attend daily stand up, Banquet Event Order (BEO) meeting and weekly F&B meetings as well as Sous Chef meetings.
- Conduct regular inspections of all kitchen/dishwashing areas and coolers to correct deficiencies found during inspection.
- Create new ideas for banquet menus and special events with Executive Chef.
- Ensure BEO in production kitchen are updated.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with Company Standards of Service as outlined for Auro Hotels.
- Maintains a clean and neat appearance at all times.
- Must be able to work flexible work hours/schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Follows all Auro, Brand, and local Health and Sanitation regulations
- 1-3 years as a Chef in a recognized resort or hotel, managing or supervising a staff of culinarians. College degree preferred; High School Diploma and/or 2-3 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.