Job ID: 52420
Data Analyst II
If you are looking for a company where you can change a life, make a dream come true, and light the way for a better tomorrow, our company is the place where you can shine. We offer a different kind of work culture. A high standard of ethics is mandatory. Quality is our pledge. Diversity is valued. Individual initiative is rewarded. Our company offers an environment where our employees can make a real difference.
PURPOSE & SCOPE:
- The AIA Database Systems Analyst provides expertise in the querying of each database used by AIA as part of the project feasibility and/or execution using real-world databases (e.g,EMR, claims, etc.) across our entire value chain geographic footprint and therapeutic areas.
- The deliverables of the AIA Database Systems Analyst are an integral part of the AIA mission and requires expertise in creation, quality control and maintenance of efficient and rapid queries typically via SQL instructions; as well as supporting the development and optimization of the database structures of AIA real-world data sets.
- The Database Systems Analyst will be able to recognize issues as they generate and execute queries on existing databases, and build cohorts and create descriptive analysis summaries, in support of requests from within and without AIA and will be able to collaborate with AIA colleagues to address these issues with minimal direction.
- They will work closely with an AIA Medical Coder to obtain appropriate drug, disease, and procedure codes in the creation of the queries.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Querying and executing feasibility and/or fast track analysis from broad functional users, including medical, internal business/commercial in an appropriate manner (SQL, SAS, R, or other language or tools).
- Optimizing, tuning query performance and developing automatic tools (e.g. SAS/R macros) for frequent questions and routine reports.
- Supporting internal team on study plans or protocols development by executing analytic data tables, and in executing studies under the direction of an analyst to build the analysis cohort and create descriptive or statistical analyses.
- Performing quality control on data extracting and/or transforming as part of peer review process.
- Developing logical and physical data structure in term of implement standard data model.
- Assisting the infrastructure team in the development and maintenance of database structures created from AIA datasets.
- Following internal and external procedures, best practice guidelines, and regulations including our SOPs, ISPOR Good Practices for Outcomes Research, ICH-GCP, and internal standards such as templates and documentation standards.
- Meeting regularly with internal and external stakeholders to ensure mutual understanding of the protocol design, required output and timelines.
- Where applicable, ensures compliance with the Standard Data Tabulation Model based on CDISC.
- The AIA Database Systems Analyst is responsible for collaborating with internal and external stakeholders across multiple products and therapeutic areas to provide database and query expertise.
- They are expected to support multiple large and small projects across all therapeutic areas and functions within our company - to execute RWI&A projects. Projects will be defined as, but not limited to, unique hypotheses explored within external database, publications or internal business analytics, simulated and/or real-world applications.
- The results produced must be reproducible and sound.
- The AIA Database Systems Analyst reports to the AIA TRIA Group Leader.
- They will have multiple cross-collaborative project teams and matrix responsibilities across the AIA division.
- The Database Systems Analyst will primarily collaborate with the following colleagues:
- AIA Liaisons
- AIA Analysts
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics or related fields.
- Master's Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Mathematics, or Computer Science OR 3-5 years of relevant programming experience.
- Excellent SQL programming skill with experience on large databases (i.e. millions of records across multiple tables).
- Knowledge and understanding of macros, schema, indexes, triggers and other user defined functions.
- Knowledge of coding against common real-world data types (claims and EMR) and common data models.
- Experience with SAS and R programming is required.
- Must be able to meet timelines with minimal supervision of progress, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to details, and the ability to multi-task.
- Experience supporting healthcare analytics using data such as administrative insurance claims database and/or EMR databases (e.g., IBM-Truven, Optum, Humedica, IMS Pharmetrics +, GEhealth, Flatiron, etc.)
- Preferable knowledge of at least one other programming language (e.g. C++, Java,..)
- Preferable knowledge of at least one statistical package (e.g. R, S-Plus, Stata, …)
- Strong knowledge and experience with reporting packages (e.g. Cognos, KNIME, Qlik, Tebleaue, Excel …)
- Understanding of Data Warehouse, star schema and dimension fact data model.
- Team player with good communication skills
At Fast Switch, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Isn't that cool? Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve, and have a little fun along the way.
We at Fast Switch have been doing this for 22 years. We're doing business in almost half the states in the union with offices in Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, New York, Hartford, CT, Massachusetts, Minneapolis, MN, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, and Tucson, AZ.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups. We also have a strong belief in giving back to the communities we serve.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefits options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
* Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
* Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
* Long Term Disability (100% paid)
* Life Insurance (100% paid)
* 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press and one of the Best Staffing Firms in 2016 and 2017. We have won the Columbus Business First "Fast 50" award 9 times in 12 years because of our strong growth which translates into more and better opportunities for our consulting staff members.
Ranked '#1' supplier by over 50% of our customers nationally.
Ranked 'Top 3' supplier by over 75% of our customers nationally.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: URL blocked - click to apply and at the bottom of the page click Job Portal, or get there directly at: URL blocked - click to apply
You can also follow us on Twitter at: URL blocked - click to apply
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: URL blocked - click to apply
Extract Transform Load (Etl)