Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Cust Resource Agent, Customer Care to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 5586
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Customer Care / Contact Centre
Work Location : Southfield, MI
State or Province : Michigan (US-MI)
Potential Work Location : United States : Michigan : Southfield
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Customer Resource Agent is an entry-level position that works in a high-performance customer care environment providing excellent customer care to established Tier II Redistribution customers through various communication channels.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide personalized customer service by use of interpersonal skills, establishing rapport, and presenting a positive, friendly attitude.
- Using multiple forms of communication (phone-within call center environment, web, email, & chat) solve customers’ needs while delivering excellent customer service – this includes but not limited to order tracking/tracing, delivery status, and RMA entry.
- Accurately update systems with status details and other information relating to the customer’s needs.
- Work closely with management to resolve customer questions/concerns.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company in order to ensure unity of vision and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
- Meet or exceed all assigned operational, customer-experience and service level metrics consistently.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or the equivalent required.
- Customer service and/or Call Center and/or Web based internet chat experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required including the ability to communicate with standard grammar.
- Accurate typing and data entry skills required.
- Above average computer knowledge/technical skills required –(such as: proficient at using search tools, web browsers, email features, attaching files to correspondence, utilizing tracking tools, website functionality, and web chat)
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law.