Weichert Co is hiring a Corporate Controller at the corporate headquarters in Morris Plains, NJ. The Corporate Controller is responsible for managing and overseeing the daily operations of the Company's corporate accounting function, financial shared services, and financial systems. The organization has four VP Finance roles which directly manage the operational accounting of the company's 15 operating companies and numerous legal entities. The position also manages the consolidation of budgeting, forecasting and reporting. The Corporate Controller will also be part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate. This position will also lead strategic sourcing initiatives and financial system integrations. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Directs all aspects of general accounting for the corporate entity and the consolidation. Ensures timely monthly closes of the general ledger.
* Technical accounting resource for the company including recent accounting pronouncements and foreign currency consolidations.
* Oversee the internal audit function and manage the overall relationship with the external auditors.
* Responsible for all consolidated reporting, including the timely preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial packages.
* Establishes and maintains an effective system of internal and financial controls. Develops procedures and safeguards that protect the assets of the Company and minimizes the risk of loss or impairment resulting from fraudulent, collusive, or negligent behavior of employees or external parties.
* Analyzes and interprets trends, and prepares financial and management reports. Presents findings and specific recommendations to senior management.
* Responsible for developing corporate-wide accounting policies and procedures and ensures that they are adhered to.
* Oversees and develops the financial shared services function which currently includes Accounts Payable but will be added to include certain accounting functions.
* Oversees the corporate financial systems. Ensures systems are operating properly and management receives accurate financial reporting in a timely manner.
* Develops a strategic sourcing function and identifies operational and financial efficiencies.
* Delegates and directs the work of staff members, handles employee complaints and grievances, disciplines employees, and plans the work and techniques to be used to successfully carry out these duties.
* Collaborates on special projects, as needed, including acquisition due diligence and integration.
* Performs other duties as assigned. The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
* Master's degree and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred
* Valid driver's license
* Minimum of fifteen (15) years of related accounting experience with increasing financial responsibilities
* Previous financial system implementation experience, preferably with Microsoft Dynamics.
* Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation
* Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
* Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software (preferably Microsoft Dynamics) and Microsoft Office Suite
* Thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
* Strong foundation in financial reporting, analytics, and forecasting
* Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
* Strong technical accounting skills Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled