To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- 32 SARDIS-AIRPORT RD ,ADDISON,AL 35540
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Clayton Connect CDL Driver
Clayton Homes • 32 SARDIS-AIRPORT RD ,ADDISON,AL
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A Toter Truck Driver is typically a senior driver with a Class A CDL and extensive experience and skills. This is a CDL qualified position responsible for the transportation of all classes of oversized and overweight loads. This position is also responsible for maintaining proper and accurate paperwork and ensuring a professional appearance with all vehicles. This position is accountable for basic and safe operation of all equipment. Drivers in this classification are also responsible to ensure they have all required permits before delivery.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Completes and maintains daily truck log, accurately and completely.
- Maintains accurate reporting of all expenses and receipts associated with the day to day use of company credit and fuel cards.
- Completes IFTA reports manually and electronically as required.
- Reports all unsafe conditions regarding the use of company equipment.
- Secures required customer signatures on all shipping documents to include rental and sale contracts, load sheets, and/or any other required documentation.
- Enters daily time within the ELC system and/or completes manual time cards and reports work times daily. Uses in cab truck computer for dispatching purposes and enters load and fuel information as required.
- Ensures entire vehicle is clean and meets professional standards, and meet all regulations established by operating authorities such as FMCSA and USDOT inspections.
- Orders vehicle transport permits as required.
- Ensures pilot escort services as needed to complete oversized load deliveries.
- Reports to work as required to complete job assignments; early or late hours and/or weekends may be required to fulfill the job responsibilities of this position.
- Contacts customers and company sales representatives as needed to coordinate load movements
- Coordinates machine movement with local, state, and federal authorities as required. Seek sways to manage the daily routine in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Works with the manager to ensure implementation of agreed-upon changes.
- Maintains paperwork to include permits, receipts and and/or any necessary documentation.
- Meets the needs and requests of the customer in a professional and courteous manner.
- Works closely with the Sales and Service personnel to keep informed or to communicate any relevant information regarding our equipment.
- Acts as an ambassador for the company to ensure highest customer service satisfaction.
- Conducts daily Driver Vehicle Inspections required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and
- Performs minor repairs and preventative maintenance to transport equipment to ensure vehicle is in safe operating condition and ready for next-day business to include fueling and pre-loading whenever possible.
- Learns and understand transport equipment thoroughly to ensure safe operation.
- Inspects all machinery and equipment for damage at time of pick up. Document findings and submit damage information to sales and/or service personnel as necessary.
- Applies knowledge and understanding of USDOT, FMCA, state, local and municipal rules and regulations governing the transport of company products.
- Loads and unloads company products safely and according to all laws and regulations.
- Navigates weight restricted highways and curfew governs roads as required for oversize and overweight load dimensions.