To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Antonio, TX 78229
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Inside Sales Manager
Grainger • San Antonio, TX
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions.
Our 22,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels.
As part of a high-performing team, you’ll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
The Manager, Inside Sales leads a team of 10-12 Grainger Sales Representatives and is directly responsible for driving profitable revenue growth for $30 million in sales. This individual is responsible for the hiring, talent and performance management of their direct reports.
This role is directly responsible for the planning and execution of all selling activities including: district/customer planning, goal and driver metric attainment, forecasting, goal setting, cross functional partnerships and tools/technology usage. The Manager, Inside Sales manages the progress of their sales team to expand market penetration and generate revenue through leadership, coaching, and professional development while keeping aligned with the company’s medium customer strategy.
Specific responsibilities include:
- • Lead 10-12 sellers to exceed revenue and profitability goals by penetrating targeted customers and acquiring new customers leveraging the sales management process.
- Attract, hire, train and develop top inside sales talent for assigned customer base and ensure the inside sellers are demonstrating our value proposition to medium customers.
- Build and execute coaching plans that focus on: people, process & activity (drives focus, results through others, delivers according to timelines, effective in fast paced environment)
- Identify and develop future leaders through the use of Performance Excellence and succession planning.
- Observe, assess and coach to the execution of the driver metrics, value proposition and medium customer offers.
- Takes initiative to understand market conditions, their assigned customer segment, competition, environment and customer needs.
- Demonstrate sales ability, sales process and maintain relationships with critical accounts.
- Collaborate with internal partners such as contact centers, marketing, offer development and sales support to drive revenue and remove barriers for their teams.
- Effectively leads in a changing environment and demonstrates strong agility
- Strong focus on territory planning including making recommendations to move customers to a different coverage model or seller.
Candidates for this role will have:
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience in B2B solution-based selling environment focused on revenue attainment and goal orientation. Inside sales experience is desired.
- Experience cold calling and acquiring new customers.
- Results orientation and preferred candidates will have a history of proven success in leading teams
- Demonstrated ability to perform in the moment coaching as well as formalized structured development
- Experience in talent management and performance management
- Financial acumen with history of ability to forecast, manage pipeline, recognize trends, proactively advancing concerns
- An assertive personality, high energy level, resilient character, and ability to lead change
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to lead sellers and positively influence Grainger customers
- Competence with computer software and a CRM
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Preferred candidates will have an Undergraduate Degree
Candidates for this role will demonstrate the ability to:
- Coach – Quickly uncover seller strengths and gaps and appropriately coach to those respective areas. Coaches consistently to the Medium Customer sales process and value proposition. Ability to analyze territory and assist IS’s with successful plan to prioritize, penetrate and grow within respective territory.
- Accountability – Holds sellers and themselves accountable for high performance measurements, profitable revenue growth and consistent offer execution. Comfortable having tough and frequent performance conversations. Follow through on expectations is a must.
- Critical Thinking – Can take data, reports, etc and determine trends and outliers and apply that knowledge to accelerate or improve performance. Has ability to dive into root cause to apply the appropriate solution or decision.
- Time Management – Organize and prioritize workload in order to provide maximum support to team members.
- Visible – Is physically present in the workflow. Available to deliver “one minute” coaching, reward and recognition and answering questions in a way that develops independence.
- Creative – Develop new ideas to support continuous improvement of the inside sales team.
- Communication – Flex style to effectively communicate to both sellers and leaders on business needs, resources, challenges, and successes.
- Inspirational Leader – Energetic, positive attitude, competitive, leads by example, wants to win and knows how to motivate individuals and the team.
- People Management – Maintain high performance standards, resolve day to day issues and ability to manage performance or behavioral issues. Can successfully implement the Inside Sales Management Process.
- Change Leadership – Lead team through change management curve to full ownership within appropriate timeframes.
Messaging – Understands key messages that need to be delivered to the team and ability to communicate those messages in a clear, concise and consistent manner. Ability to articulate Grainger’s strategic vision and how the Medium Customer team contributes to the long term success of Grainger.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.