To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bloomington, IL
- Elana Rebholz
- Phone: 3096614010
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
TEKsystems, Inc • Bloomington, IL
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The LAN Datacenter team has a need for two consultants to drive a variety of work which includes, change, process improvement, automation along with the skills outlined below.
Data Center network team is responsible for design, test and implement network configurations in a LAN datacenter environment.
-Code upgrades on cisco routers and switches
-Level 3 network support
- Experienced working in large enterprise IT environments
- Must be highly proficient in the use of CLI for switch and router configuration
- Provide 3rd level support to resolve networking issues
- Practical knowledge in TCP/IP, Ethernet, Network Addressing and LAN technologies.
- General knowledge of WAN providers and associated technologies.
- Expertise with Cisco routers and switches to implement LAN and WAN technologies.
- Working knowledge on how to upgrade software on Cisco platforms.
- Scripting background desired, such as use of python, ansible, or other programming languages
- Skilled in methodologies for solving difficult issues, network related or the appearance of network related.
- Detailed knowledge of a spine/leaf architecture
Understanding of the use of APIs for network configuration
Knowledge of storage and compute solutions that are in use in data center environments
- Ability to provide network solutions that are scalable for use in a large enterprise
- Data Center knowledge and experience highly desired
- Must possess a detailed knowledge of networking concepts
- Be able to work well in a fast paced team environment.
- Must be able to articulate detailed solutions
- Good technical and team approach when providing support to field technicians and others in the organization.
- Capable of creating technical documentation and writings.
- Basic understanding of scripting is desired
- General knowledge of data center operations and technologies
Duties and Responsibilities:
•Ensures that the technical infrastructure is sufficiently robust, scalable, and efficient to deliver the integrated services underlying the physical environment that supports the processes, resources, and operators required for developing, integrating, sustaining enterprise applications and support services
• Addresses the day-to-day management and maintenance of infrastructure services, systems, applications, and hardware usage
• Supports architecture, preliminary design, implementation, and infrastructure operations
• Develops infrastructure strategy and operational policies, standards, and processes tailored to agency or department missions
• Develops asset management processes that support the provisioning, tracking, reporting, ownership, risk, controls, and financial status of Enterprise Technology assets
• Enables service desk, help desk, and call center development, implementation, operations, and process improvement
• Ensures service level management through the development of processes, people, technology, and service level and operating level agreements
• Utilizes strong business and technical knowledge of platforms/operating systems to develop and support data, databases or products
• May be responsible for the implementation and ongoing administration of the Big Data ecosystem
• Understands and uses software development practices to manage configuration and automate provisioning
• Ensures infrastructure and operations security, such as network and application firewalls, authentication, identity management, and intrusion detection and prevention
• Based on assignment, requires competencies in data center operations, infrastructure platforms, and service delivery. Technical specialties include local- and wide-area network design, servers, storage, backup, disaster recovery, continuity of operation, performance monitoring, virtualization, cloud computing, modeling, visualization, and other emerging technologies
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.