Plasma Center Technician About the role:
Every day, the donors you meet will motivate you. The high-quality plasma you collect will become life-changing medicines. Here, a commitment to customer service and quality is expected. You will report to the Plasma Center Manager and will perform as a plasma donor screener and perform phlebotomy to support plasma center operations. How you will contribute:
What you bring to Takeda:
- You will answer phones, and greet and focus on our donors, while ensuring the safety of donors and our team.
- You will screen new and repeat donors and take and record donor vital signs and finger stick results.
- You will use our Donor Information System, prepare donor charts, maintain accurate records, and coordinate donor compensation.
- You will help identify operational opportunities for continuous improvement and initiate changes to center processes using company approved procedures.
- You will be there for our donors, which includes working a variety of shifts, Saturdays and Sundays, and holidays.
What Takeda can offer you:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to walk and/or stand for the entire work shift
- Will work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to lean, bend, stoop, crouch, and reach above shoulders and below knees
- Ability to lift to 5 lbs., and occasional lifting of materials up to 32 lbs. and rarely 50 lbs.
- Fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment from a distance
- Because of potential exposure to bloodborne pathogens (risk level 1), 90% of work tasks require prolonged glove wear
- 1 or more years minimum experience working in a customer or patient facing role is helpful
Every day at Takeda, we feel good knowing that what we do helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. At BioLife, while you focus on our donors, we will support you. We offer a purpose you can believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career growth, and a comprehensive benefits program to include retirement benefits, medical/dental, family leave, disability insurance and more, all in a fast-paced, friendly environment. More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to provide Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Following the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply to this role.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
USA - VA - Richmond Worker Type
Employee Worker Sub-Type
Regular Time Type
- Business Process Improvement
- Customer Service
- Information Systems
- Patient Assessment