To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charleston, SC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Charleston, SC
Posted 1 month ago
Junior DevOps Engineer
Location: Charleston, SC
Our client is seeking a Junior DevOps Engineer in the Charleston Market. You'll be part of a rapidly growing healthcare IT company focused on delivering a world class communication platform to health care clients across the nation.
- Work closely with development teams to integrate their projects into the production AWS environment and ensure their ongoing support once there.
- Gain a deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to their overall design.
- Manage platform availability to defined levels
- Manage all server monitoring systems and alert functions. Respond as primary resource to alerts, communicate issues as appropriate internally
- Build tools and infrastructure to improve the happiness and productivity of your fellow engineers
- Maintain and improve existing infrastructure (build out autoscaling, support new services)
- Administer production, staging and development environments
- Enforce best practices for security and reliability. Advance security initiatives, like access control and vulnerability testing.
- Manage and aggregate server logs and monitor for security and system related incidents. Escalate accordingly.
- Monitor and analyze system performance, such as server load and resource usage
- Maintain and improve existing build and deployment processes (experience with CI / CD tools) as well as full quality automation and reporting dashboards.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call
- Troubleshoot and address infrastructure issues
- Automate recurring tasks where possible
- Maintain documentation of the infrastructure and suggest areas for improvement
- Collaborate with the development team on shared objectives
- 3 + years experience as an Infrastructure/DevOps/Systems Engineer
- Very strong scripting and automation skills – you believe you can automate everything
- Solid experience and background working with AWS services (ECS, EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, CloudFormation, RDS, SQS, etc…
- Proficiency with the AWS CLI.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code using tools such as CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Experience with CI/CD platform such as CircleCI and test automation and reporting such as JEST.
- A solid Ops foundation - you’re always thinking “What happens if this fails ” when you build things
- Experience working in an iterative based development environment using Agile/SCRUM
- Have experience with Docker and ECS
- Have experience with Mysql, MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop, or Spark.
- Cloud Formation
- Bachelor's (Required)
You’re going to love
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178