$75000.00 to $85000.00 yearly
Don't miss this exciting opportunity to advance your career! Tired of feeling like there is no growth where you work, and looking for a role that will advance your skill set and reward you for a job well done? Our client with one of the best records in the city of internal promotion is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their team. The Staff Accountant role is an Operational Accounting role at heart, and when you interview you will be evaluated for not just this position but if you can be promoted to a controller role in the near future! This company is a world class organization in the oil and gas industry where your experience earned there will open doors for you the rest of your career!
Candidate’s duties may include the following:
- Ensure that the books under his/her responsibilities (P&L /BS) are in compliance with US GAAP rules
- Understands the end to end process under his/her responsibility and report gaps through SQs
- Contribute to process improvement ideas and implementation
- Analyze and control Capex, Inventory, Projects, DSO relating to area of responsibility
- Perform monthly reviews of Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet accounts relating to area of responsibility, including business indicators such as profitability and liquidity
- Present monthly analysis on costs and revenue
- Assist with financial planning, forecasting and monitoring of results versus objectives
- Ensure across-the-board implementation of standard finance practices
- Identify weaknesses in internal control and suggest improvements
- Assess and highlight opportunities for increased cost efficiencies
- Develop and evaluate business or project financial metrics and drivers
- Design and implement project controls
- Evaluate currency exposure in collaboration with the Treasury Analyst
- Participate in Internal Audit assignments
- Understands, reviews, implements and complies with Sarbanes Oxley requirements as defined in the risk control matrix
- Complies with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
- Assist with ad hoc reporting, analysis or projects as required
Minimum Qualifications for the Staff Accountant position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent detail oriented certification, MBA. 3.0+ GPA and 2 plus years related detail oriented experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (intermediate)
- Problem Solving: Strong project estimation & complexity, creative and innovative quality solutions, analytical oriented, and good decision-making skills.
- Leadership: functions independently and in a team, project mgt. skills, mentoring skills and can set/accomplish objectives.
- Communication: Strong oral/written communication skills, customer services oriented, and interacts frequently with peer groups, service providers, subordinates and senior mgt. advising on area of responsibility.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and comfortable performing in an evolving work environment
Our client is committed to filling these roles immediately upon identification of the best candidates, so apply confidentially for the Staff Accountant role by contacting Larry Amacker via email: [ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at [ Phone number blocked ] - || for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Complex Problem Solving
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles