Join our not-for-profit organization that has provided nearly 100 years of housing and services to seniors with a commitment to quality care and service in a Christian environment.
Show YOU care, join us today!
Hospice Certified Aide Inpatient Unit PRN
0380 - GSS Prescott Hospice
1065 Ruth Street
Prescott, Arizona, 86301
On Call / PRN
15.00 - 15.00
Inpatient hospice services from the Good Samaritan Society provide people medical assistance while offering support and respite for their loved ones. The Inpatient Certified Nursing Assistant is a key position in working with the home health team. The right candidate is a team player and can prioritize effectively to accomplish the needs of the agency. Working together to serve our community in our inpatient hospice unit is a privilege and an opportunity show Gods love. The main responsibilities of the position are listed below along with other duties as needed.
P rovides care to assigned clients in a caring, safe and efficient manner and is responsible to perform the following according to location standards, procedures and individualized client care plans.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospice palliative care; hospice philosophy and scope of services; importance of coordinating services and continuity of care.
- Recognizes different cultural attitudes and values towards death and dying. Identifies the five stages of the grieving process; anticipatory grief; normal vs. abnormal grief and impact of grief on client's family.
- Provides care according to plan of care. Coordinates with the Case Manager/Supervisor prior to visit as appropriate.
- Completes required documentation in appropriate timeframes.
- Explains the certified aide role in the client's plan of care; purpose for the visit; the certified aide services offered by the agency; explains client rights and involves client family members in care.
- Works under the direction of the Registered Nurse and seeks guidance as needed.
- Performs personal cares according to clients' plan of care.
- Responds quickly to client requests.
- Uses equipment properly and safely.
- Assists client with dressing/undressing, performing personal cares (baths, back rubs, oral hygiene, grooming, changing bed linens and other light laundry).
- Plans and prepares meals and assists client with feeding according to the client plan of care.
- Assists with ambulation and exercise, range of motion and repositioning as instructed by the agency nurse.
- As directed by state law and the client's plan of care, reminds clients to take medication.
- Provides respite care for client's care givers as appropriate Participates in agency in-services; educational opportunities; team meetings and committees.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying employees. The variety of benefits include: health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit: https://www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
- High school education or higher education is not required to be hired into this job.
- Completion of an accredited nursing assistant / HHA training program with written skills test and competency evaluation, and formal certificate obtained.
- Must have a favorable motor vehicle record (MVR) and must present a valid driver's license and proof of insurance before operating a vehicle.
- Current CPR certification or ability to become certified in CPR within 90 days of hire.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have or be able to obtain an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit: https://www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action
All qualified applicants will recieve consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status.
Certified Nursing Assistant