To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Off Lease Vehicle Inspector - Mobile - Boston, MA
SGS North America • Boston, MA
Posted 8 days ago
SGSTransportation’s Commercial Segment, a division of SGS Group based in GenevaSwitzerland, provides commercial and statutory automotive related services toour clients in the US, Canada, and Mexico. The SGS Commercial Segment is avehicle inspection company for the study, development and application oftechnologies for motor vehicle testing, diagnostics, repair, techniciantraining, and information management. Coupled with developing and managing Inspection and Maintenanceprograms, SGS also provides a wide range of commercial automotive industryinspection services such as New Car, Off-Lease, certified pre-owned, businessdevelopment center, auction, B2B online, dealer testing & inspection, andcertification services.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform accurate and timely off leasevehicle inspections and certified pre-owned dealer/business development centeraudits while acting as the liaison between SGS’s customers and their customers.
• Reports to the Regional ManagerSPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives a personal vehicle to and from assignments and/or inspection sites.
- Detects signs of previous damage or structural damage by viewing the undercarriage, engine and trunk compartments, the exterior and interior areas of the vehicle.
- Identifies scratches, gouges, dents and dings on the vehicle.
- Recognizes vehicle color classification.
- Determines excessive wear and tear and chargeable and non chargeable damages in accordance with established policies and procedures and customer guidelines.
- Communicates and exchanges information verbally and in writing with lessees, dealers and customers regarding products and services.
- May be assigned to work within other product lines, inspection types, or geographic areas.
• Assure the highest level of service and compliancewith contractual obligations, customer needs and Company policies andprocedures.
• Assure the most efficient use of working time.
• Follow scheduled hours, and be available forovertime work as needed.
• Travel is required locally on a daily basis, withovernights in other geographical areas from time to time. Travel may includemultiple consecutive days of overnight stays performing work whereverinspection assistance is needed.
- Call into the quality hotline once a week in order to get updates, training, and best practices.
- Performs other duties as directed.
• At all times,comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- Must live near a major metropolitan airport.
- Must be able to travel last minute and for an extensive period.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and without supervision.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be highly motivated, ambitious, and open to working in a changing, fast paced environment
- Must have attention to detail.
- Must have basic personal computer (email, internet) and smartphone (iPhone, Android) skills.
- Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and neat work environment consistent with SGS policy.
- Must practice and promote teamwork at all times.
- Must be able to drive, have a valid driver’s license in the State where domiciled, and be available for occasional travel.
- Must be able to comply with the physical requirements of the position of Inspector, which includes bending, twisting, kneeling, walking, climbing, stretching and grasping without restrictions.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds, and continuously carry 5 pounds.
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES:
• Demonstrates strong commitment to SGSHSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safetymeetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations,refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws andregulations related to HSE.
- Reliable transportation
• To perform this job successfully, an individualmust be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or withoutreasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative ofthe knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed asan exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but ageneral description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts thecompany’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this jobat any time.