Looking for a great career? Penske Logistics is ranked among America's Best Employers by Forbes Magazine!
- Are you an energetic and team oriented leader focused on commitment to customers, dedication to excellence and innovation?
- Do you have a proven record of leadership excellence and a history of leading teams to consistently exceed established goals in dynamic operational environments?
- Do you have a proven ability to recruit, train, develop, communicate with and retain team members?
- Do you have a demonstrated ability to develop forward looking plans and turn those plans into successful execution?
- Do you have a proven ability to effectively manage financial resources?
Penske Logistics is seeking a proven leader with relevant experience and skills to join our team of transportation and logistics professionals. We are seeking a candidate to provide leadership to about 25 CDL A Drivers in Chambersburg, PA.
This Operations Supervisor provides direction at a single location, leading staff to ensure customer requirements are achieved while meeting our Penske goals and objectives.
This position will be 3rd shift, 7pm-4am Monday night through Saturday morning and may alter to a Sunday night through Friday morning schedule depending on operations.
People. Lead the Penske Logistics Team:
- Ensure that all supervisors and associates are trained and competent and understand how their work relates to the customers' business objectives.
- Recruit, train, develop and retain quality associates.
- Establish and sustain effective, two-way communication that informs and motivates as well as recognizes excellence among team members.
- Establish strong and effective relationships with the customer and supporting organizations.
Operations. Lead the Penske Logistics Team to achieve operational excellence.
- Meet or exceed all customer key performance metrics and objectives.
- nteract daily with our local customer to ensure we understand existing and emerging customer needs.
- Execute a process to track and record value delivered to the customer.
- Identify and seize profitable business opportunities for the customer and Penske.
- Lead team to identify operational improvements in areas such as route optimization, carrier selection, backhaul, trailer loading, inventory accuracy and warehouse operations.
- Lead effort to improve fleet/equipment utilization, maintenance availability and fuel efficiency.
- Collaborate with other Penske sites to share best practices, leverage resources/assets, etc.
Finance. Lead the Penske Logistics Team to meet or exceed Business Plan.
- Develop and execute annual financial and operating plan.
- Lead the operation with integrity to meet or exceed the Business Plan targets.
- Identifies issues with the operating metrics and P&L and make required adjustments in timely manner.
- Ensure customer billings and associate payroll are prepared timely and accurately, the payables and intercompany charges are valid and correct, and all other activities are accurately reflected in the P&L.
Safety. Proactively lead the Penske Logistics Team to reduce accidents and injuries.
- Personally lead team safety program by example.
- Develop, execute and assess continuous improvement plan to reduce accident and injury frequency.
- Ensure each associate understands their individual role and responsibilities, as well as the group's role and responsibilities required to achieve and maintain a safe work place.
- Proactively identify and correct unsafe conditions, work processes, and behaviors.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor