Position is responsible for the operational management of the Rental branch. Manager will set the tone, pace and culture of the rental branch adhering to the MFC's credo and vision while providing a safe, enjoyable workplace. The role will work closely with the District Manager to provide support to all branch personnel in an effort to strive for operational excellence, innovation, and continuous improvement. This role is responsible for establishing goals for branch employees and coordinate and oversee branch sales efforts and business initiatives. This position will maintain and support health and safety, training and development and OHSA & DOT compliances.
Essential Position Duties
* Responsible for developing, managing and executing strategies to improve branch operations including trucking, shop operation, administrative and sales area.
* Responsible for overall profitability of branch, which include those components such as sales, gross margin, payroll, expenses, accounts receivables / payables, etc. Assist with establishing annual financial goals.
* Develop and motivate branch personnel. Establish annual objectives, relay expectations, and monitor progress. Build a strong team and bench to perpetuate operational excellence in the present and future.
* Provide daily coaching and support to branch personnel. This includes providing input on workloads, adherence to safety standards and procedures, customer satisfaction, and all matters pertaining to Rental Services being profitable.Perform regular branch walk throughs, engage with employees, and provide feedback on the health of the branch.
* Responsible for branch fleet utilization and condition in which it is kept, maintained and rented/sold.
* Collaborates with other Branch Managers sharing best practices and promotes a strong team environment inside respective branch and Rental division.
* Assist District/Sales Management team in identifying new business opportunities, expanding market share and overall growth of the Rental business.
* Works with all divisions of MFC building a partnership and strong relationship amongst all MacAllister team members.
* Other related duties and projects assigned by Rental Services leadership.
* Ensures compliance with established company policies and standards. Reviews and evaluates the work and performance of reporting employees. Has responsibility for hiring, developing and disciplining employees.
* Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a Bachelors' degree in business or finance preferred; equivalent work experience required.
* Broad Rental background achieved through 4+ years' experience in various phases of the Rental business.
* 2-3 years' experience leading and managing a team required.
* Excellent overall managerial skills in the areas of communication, organization, judgment, team building, interpersonal skills and problem solving.
* Good mechanical aptitude and experience with machines preferred.
* Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products as well as the ability to learn industry specific programs is required.
* Dedicated self-starter with the ability to work independently without the need for daily direct supervision and with a strong sense of urgency.
* A team player possessing the ability to professionally work with customers, vendors, peers, and co-workers as well as the ability to develop strong, long-term relationships.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not a comprehensive list, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
MacAllister Machinery Co Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
- Business Process Improvement
- Customer Satisfaction