Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Develop a career track
• Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
• Work with an incredible team of people
Sunbelt Rentals--the fastest growing rental business in North America--is seeking a Rental Technician. As a Rental Technician, you will deliver and remove equipment and supplies to and from the customer worksite in a vehicle that has a gross weight of less than 26,000 pounds.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Loading, unloading and securing the equipment.
• Long distance hauling of equipment and supplies.
• Demonstration of proper equipment usage to customer at point of delivery.
• Service equipment as required to ensure proper operating condition at the job site.
• Effectively communicates equipment issues with customers and Service Manager to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Fuel equipment on jobsite as needed.
• Perform safety inspections on equipment and maintains a clean and safe work environment.
• Conduct preventive maintenance when needed.
• Clean and maintain work vehicle as necessary to maintain a safe work environment.
• Meets all company, governmental and equipment related safety requirements.
• Perform other duties assigned as by the manager or authorized personnel.
• Complete inspection reports for out-going and returned equipment; completing log book and trip sheets meeting all D.O.T. and company record keeping requirements.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Posses a current CDL license with a HazMat endorsement and maintain a Sunbelt quality level driving record.
Definition of Non-CDL Vehicle
Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that meets neither the definition of Class A or Class B requirements (under 26,000 lbs.), but that is either designed to transport 16 or more passengers including the driver, or is used in the transportation of materials found to be hazardous for the purposes of the Hazardous Materials Transportation Act and which require the motor vehicle to be placarded under the Hazardous Materials Regulations (49 CRF part 172, subpart F).
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively
• Valid Driver's license.
• Language skills: Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, employees or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• 2 years’ experience preferred
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must have mechanical ability and knowledge of and certification in tractor-trailer operation and hauling.
• Must own and be able to effectively and safely use mechanic's tools and equipment
• Knowledge of delivery area, safety requirements for equipment handling and transport a plus.
Ability to work a rotating on call schedule that requires the individual to be available 7 days a week, after hours, weekends and holidays according to the schedule
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws. Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Customer Satisfaction
- Data Collection
- Fact Checking