Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to HVAC Maintenance Worker - Mount Vernon or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
- Under the general direction of the HVAC Supervisor, perform general and specialized work in the routine, preventive, emergency repair, installation, adjusting, and servicing of air conditioning, heating, ventilation, and refrigeration equipment their support pumps, motors, and controls.
- Operate, install, repair, and maintain support equipment for the main air and distribution systems.
- Operate, install, repair, and maintain commercial and domestic refrigeration systems.
- Work with computer building automation systems to troubleshoot, operate and change building set points and adjust building parameters and schedules.
- Operate, install, repair, replace, troubleshoot and maintain support equipment for the main air and distribution systems, to include but not limited to: condensers, compressors, evaporators, motors, controllers, filters, chillers, pumps, fans, valves, gear boxes, cooling towers, chilled water and DX units, heat pumps, exhaust and air supply fans, dampers, diffusers, duct systems, minor fabrications, relief systems, volume control, mixing and balancing of air systems, commercial and domestic refrigeration systems, to include assemble, install, repair, operate, and rebuild commercial and domestic refrigeration systems
- Calibrate, adjust, repair and operate pneumatic, electronic, and electrical controls, systems, and devices.
- Troubleshoot controls, electrical systems, mechanical, and piping systems.
- Make BAS system adjustments to change building set points and adjust building parameters and schedules. Change controller and boards as needed. Install new control wiring and systems as needed in support of the main system.
- Analyze reports and recorded data, and make changes to operating systems based on the findings to achieve optimal system performance.
HVAC TECHNICIAN PREFERRED:
- Current HVAC technician license
- Completion of an HVAC or Refrigeration training program at a vocational, Trade or Tech School or apprenticeship.
HVAC TECHNICIAN REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ year experience as an HVAC technician, 5 years of general maintenance experience with 2 years experience operating computerized building automation systems
- Working knowledge of motor controls and their respected wiring configurations
- Working knowledge of electricity and electrical systems as it relates to HVAC systems and its associated equipment
- Working knowledge of all applicable EPA & OSHA standards related to the position
- High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration and heating
- Working knowledge of boiler systems
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends and on public holidays with short or no notice.
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Proficient in troubleshooting skills of the trade and in the use of recovery systems, evacuation systems, ladders, manual and power tools
- Must be Reliable, self-motivated and have a good work attitude
- Knowledge of Siemen's Apogee and Desigo, JCI Metasys and Schneider Electric EcoStruxure building automation systems
- Must carry a valid Universal CFC Certification
- Must have reliable transportation
- Work requires an abundance of walking, bending, kneeling, lifting, climbing ladders, and working in uncomfortable positions
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Employees may be required to work nights, weekends, holidays, and a shift of up to 12 hours. The HVAC department runs 24/7 365 and is made up of three daily shifts 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm, 10pm to 6am
- Valves (Piping)