Kaman Automation, a subdivision Kaman Distribution, is a nationally recognized leader in the high-tech motion control and automation industry. As a distributor, we have access to a wide variety of products and technologies. Our distributor division supports the industry's top manufacturers. For most of these product lines, we are their largest distributor. With more than 50 years of experience in the motion control field, our staff consists of highly qualified people with extensive knowledge of the motion control industry. We stay up to date with current technology to provide you with quality, state-of-the-art products with the technical support to back them.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Director, Human Resources to join our team in Boston, MA (branch located in Franklin, MA)
Reporting to the Vice President of Kaman Automation, the Human Resources Director plans, organizes, directs and controls the activities of the Human Resources functions in order to ensure effective programs and compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This position is responsible for implementing strategic plans, supporting margin and profitability goals. They will work closely with the business leaders and will have a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Vice President of Human Resources, Kaman Distribution Group.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates on Business Segment Team to assist in the implementation of the strategic plan. Implements goals and objectives in Human Resources and provides leadership to an organization of 420 employees, 20 locations across the US and $225 Million in sales.
- Provides leadership to Human Resources to ensure a high level of productivity, quality and customer service. Ensures teamwork, communicates information and provides feedback to direct reports. Determines performance expectations, evaluates performance and provides coaching and development opportunities.
- Formulates Human Resources business plans, goals, objectives and policies. Establishes and enforces organization standards.
- Oversees the development and administration of: Organizational development, employee relations, recruitment and retention, training and professional development, performance management, diversity, affirmative action plan, compliance and reporting and benefits administration.
- Provides leadership and consulting support to business leaders on goal setting, policy development and strategic implementation in support of achieving objectives and business growth.
- Implements and improves Lean processes to ensure increased efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Provides a high level of service to all internal and external customers. Ensures that a positive teamwork environment is maintained in Human Resources.
- Accountable for organizing, developing, and promoting programs to ensure that operations and activities meet and exceed regulatory requirements, maintain programs to promote and maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
- Play an active role in promoting the company’s culture and values and be perceived as a trusted resource to the business leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management; MBA or professional certification preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 10 years in a leadership position in Human Resources
- Excellent generalist experience, with a proven track record of managing Human Resources programs in a business of comparable size and complexity
- Strong proficiency in developing and implementing Human Resources programs, policies and procedures, with a working knowledge of appropriate laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to the business
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing effective programs for performance management, employee development, success planning & talent management, and recruiting, working with a diverse employee base
- Capable understanding of the role of Human Resources leadership in a non-union environment
- Prior experience in distribution a plus
- Working knowledge of Lean process and involvement in continuous programs
- The ability to operate within an environment where change happens frequently and adapting to changes in circumstances is important for success.
- Strategic thinker, able to drive decision-making
- Self-aware leader, highly sensitive to key elements affecting culture, employee morale, functional performance and the business’s ability to attain its overall objectives
- Experience working in a matrix environment and a demonstrated ability to inform and provide leadership to ancillary functional areas.
- Superior interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with all levels, backgrounds, and functions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; must be able to make effective presentations, to negotiate, to listen and to influence.
- Organized, focused on the priorities of the business, excellent problem solving skills, results oriented.
- Well-developed managerial style, with a strong emphasis on team-building and teamwork.
Kaman Distribution Group is comprised of three business platforms: Kaman Automation, Kaman Fluid Power, and Kaman Industrial Technologies. We offer more than four million items including bearings, mechanical power transmission, electrical and automation, material handling, motion control, fluid power and MRO supplies to customers in virtually every industry. Additionally, we provide engineering, design and support for automation, electrical, linear, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as belting and rubber fabrication, customized mechanical services, hose assemblies, repair, fluid analysis and motor management. Offering products and solutions from more than 250 locations, our people are the foundation of our success. We recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive advantage rests among our talent.