EMCOR Services/Aircond, is the largest commercial and industrial heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) service company in the Southeast. For more than 80 years, Aircond has designed and delivered comprehensive HVAC solutions to businesses seeking to enhance their productivity and efficiency. Guided by three generations of family leadership, today Aircond delivers a full spectrum of facility services to single and multi-site clients, from HVAC service to complete operations and maintenance solutions.
Service Technician - Helper to Class I
EMCOR Services Aircond seeks a technician to assist in the maintenance of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration and other related equipment as assigned. A Helper will work under the supervision of a senior level Service Technician. Class I will work with simple systems and possess a basic understanding of controls and electrical systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will pick up parts and other equipment from parts warehouse as needed and requested.
- Assist in the replacement or repair of compressor and condenser units.
- Will assist in the fabrication, assembly, and installation of ductwork and chassis parts using portable metalworking tools.
- Assist with the replacement or repair of evaporator.
- Assist with the replacement of expansion and discharge valves in circuit.
- Will assist with the repair or replacement of motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls, and circulating-ventilation fans to control panels.
- Will sweep, clean, remove trash and perform other general maintenance tasks in assigned work areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
HS Diploma or GED required and one or more years of commercial/industrial HVAC experience as described in job overview. Must possess good communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills to ensure effective teamwork and customer relations. Universal CFC certification is preferred. Must possess a valid driver’s license and meet MVR requirements to operate company vehicle. Must be available for some overtime, on-call, and weekend work especially during spring and summer.
Must possess good communication skills (verbal and written).
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Must possess basic math skills. Ability to perform these basic operations using units of American money and weight measurement, and volume.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and sometimes complex written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Driver’s License and Universal Refrigerant Certification
Must be able to climb ladders, lift and carry 50 or more pounds, distinguish colors for electrical work, use hand tools and tolerate confined spaces. Work will involve heights and seasonal temperature extremes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required while performing tasks.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled