To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tempe, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Product Line Director
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Tempe, AZ
Posted 25 days ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
The Product Line Director is responsible for the development and execution of the Strategic Business Plan and Budget of its Product Line. This Senior Management position works across the Business Line and organizational matrixes, aligning the functional departments involved in the delivery of the Product Line’s products and services (in particular, sales, marketing, product management and engineering). This position contributes to identifying and delivering the maximum synergies between (i) the Product Line and the other Benchmark Product Lines, (ii) its PL and external strategic partners.
Essential Functions and Competencies
• Discuss product roadmaps consistent with the growth strategy and Strategic Business Plan of the PL.
• Discuss updated marketing action plans consistent with the growth strategy and Strategic Business Plan of the PL.
• Provide timely and concise information regarding market trends, risks and opportunities facing the Product Line. General Management:
• Ensure compliance with corporate and statutory requirements, including quality programs, financial reporting, risk management, compliance, and corporate social responsibility.
• Professionally represent company and corporate interests.
• Protect company assets and intellectual property.
• Communicate to Trade Groups or the media as directed by Leadership.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
• Propose the long-term strategic business plan and the annual operating plan of the Product Line to the Business Line VP/GM.
• Toward that end, analyze and balance the PL budget through a good understanding of the various resources requested (in particular the PL-specific R&D and M&S needs) to support the PL’s growth plan.
• Propose appropriate investment and/or resource reallocation and/or reductions to reach the BL performance goal defined by the BL VP.
• Leverage business position, expertise, market knowledge and technologies from all Product Lines; look for synergies and efficiency opportunities across the Company.
• Propose strategic partnerships and M&A to grow the PL and advance the overall strategy. Business Leadership:
• Provide leadership within the organization: Effectively communicates the PL vision, growth strategy and business goals throughout Benchmark Electronics, so that each employee who have a need to know understands their respective roles and participate in carrying out the PL vision and strategy.
• Engage with customers and partners at all levels to develop a solid sales pipeline.
• Monitor and proactively drive the financial performance of the PL toward its annual and long-term goals.
• Report the PL progress to the CEO during the monthly performance reviews.
• Lead by influence across the Business Line and the global Benchmark matrixes to align the functional departments involved in the delivery of the Product Line’s products and services (in particular, sales, marketing, product management and engineering).
• Guide, coordinate, align and monitor the actions of the Regional Headquarters to support the execution of the Strategic Business Plan. Toward that end, engage with the Regional sales managers on a regular basis to resolve any potential issue and ask for support may some issues remain unresolved.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to influence others without hierarchical reporting relations and in a multicultural environment.
• Demonstrated strategic thinking, planning, and execution abilities.
• Ability to be agile resulting in creative solutions
• Demonstrated ability to Engage, Guide and Lead others towards a common goal
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to inspire global collaboration
• Ability to have fun!
• MBA Required
• Minimum of five (5) years sales and/or business development management experience in delivering high tech products in Aerospace and Defense, Medical, Telecommunications or Consumer Electronics Industries.
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.