To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Investigative Operations Coordinator I
Olgoonik • Washington, DC
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
In support of the Department of State, Diplomatic Security (DS), Criminal Investigations Division, the Investigative Operations Coordinator will provide investigative and operational support to special agents around the country and overseas. Under the supervision of the Unit Chief/Supervisory Special Agent, the incumbent assists in the management of investigations and field activities that are dynamic, fast-paced, and international in nature. This assignment requires a high degree of flexibility, multi-tasking, and time management to support the effective operations of a task force coordination unit.
- Provide a wide range of operational, investigative, and administrative support to a specialized joint-agency investigations program.
- Assist with reports and briefings on performance statistics, progress of cases, arrests, and undercover operations.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties to support geographically remote agents, including routing electronic messages, conducting record checks, obtaining international country clearances, making travel arrangements, scheduling training, or other duties.
- Assist in the tracking of the unit’s expenses, travel funds, purchases, and other official expenditures.
- Assist with in-processing of unit members, to include confirmation of security clearances, arranging for computer profiles, and arranging for facility access.
- Oversee unit’s access and accounts for specialized computer resources, virtual tools, computerized law enforcement systems, analytical software, and other resources.
- Assist the unit’s property custodian with ordering equipment or supplies, keeping account of the unit’s resources, and issuing specialized field gear or communication devices.
- Assist with tracking manpower levels, assist with monitoring leave, and act as unit’s backup timekeeper.
- Gather data, assist in investigative inquiries, and search for criminal evidence.
- Assist in accomplishing case research and trial preparation.
- Assist with research for agents’ use in investigations.
- Utilize personally developed contacts from other law enforcement agencies or other departments to obtain required information.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Supervisory responsibilities are not anticipated.
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in an operations, law enforcement, or administrative support capacity, including duties such as office management, database administration, financial and project status tracking, writing reports and/or correspondence, and maintaining operating procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, handle high pressure situations, and successfully track several concurrent deadline-sensitive projects under stressful conditions.
- A high degree of discretion, maturity, and professional reliability needed to handle sensitive, restricted, and classified information.
- Effective communication skills, reading comprehension, and the ability to produce clear, concise, and professional written products.
- Competency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently with little supervision or as a member of the joint-agency team.
- Prior service in the U.S. military, Department of Homeland Security, or Department of State is desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
TOP SECRET Clearance Level Required
- Must have a current US Government TOP SECRET Personnel Security Clearance.
- Must have a current US Government Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) (less than 4-1/2 years old) or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Single Scope Background Investigation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be eligible for and able to obtain and maintain required Security Clearance/access approvals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel is not anticipated
The work environment is that of a standard business office, with equipment, computers and software commonly associated with the standard office environment.