Careerswith OptumInsight. Information and technologyhave amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people'slives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve theproblems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can beused safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very bestideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve thequality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and thebrightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place todo your life’s best work.SM
If you are located in the Rancho Cordova, CA or Irving, TX area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. It takes a special person to be effective in stressful situations. In fact, it takes a gifted, diplomatic and persistent person who can see past the challenge to a successful outcome. If that’s you, get with us because this role at UnitedHealth Group is all about special. You’ll consult directly with our customers who have outstanding medical bills to identify reasons for late payments and set up payment plans that are mutually agreeable. It’s an important role and it will take all of your skills. Join us and discover the exceptional training, support and opportunities to grow that you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy. This position is full - time (40 hours / week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am - 5:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
This is a challenging role that requires providing best in class service to our customers during their times of difficulty. It’s a fast paced environment that requires focus and ability to multi - task throughout the day. This is a 40 hour, full time role working flexible shifts, sometimes including evenings or Saturdays. We require our employees to be flexible enough to work any shift, any day of the week during those hours.
- Perform research on various computer systems and document customer information regarding current status, payment expectations, notes of conversations and other relevant information
- Use mail, email and phones to contact customers to discuss, negotiate payment and resolve outstanding medical bill accounts and balances
- Obtain agreement on potential balance payoff and / or payment terms within stated level of authority and guideline limits
- Prepare and submits reports to internal management on status of outstanding medical bills and proposed / planned payment settlement details
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED OR equivalent years of working experience
- 2+ years of experience in Medicare Hospital Billing or Medicare or Hospital Collections
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Windows and navigation, mouse and keyboarding skills
- Reside within 30 miles of Rancho Cordova, CA or Irving, TX
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high - speed internet connection or leverage an existing high - speed internet service
- 1+ year of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
Taking care of business at UnitedHealth Group translates to more meaning and impact as you help improve the lives of millions. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.SM
Careers with Optum360. At Optum360, we'reon the forefront of health care innovation. With health care costs andcompliance pressures increasing every day, our employees are committed tomaking the financial side more efficient, transferable and sustainable foreveryone. We're part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of companies,making us part of a global effort to improve lives through better health care.In other words, it's a great time to be part of the Optum360 team. Take a closerlook now and discover why a career here could be the start to doing your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere:UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment withoutregard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteranstatus, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylaw.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - freeworkplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginningemployment.
Keywords: Healthcare, health care, Managed Care, Billing Representative, Billing, Collections, Claims, Customer Service, Medical Billing