Mechanical Design Engineer
- Developing detail design solutions for the system infrastructure (network, storage, and computing) for new and revised systems.
- Detail design artifacts are required to be generated which include drawings using computer assisted design (CAD) systems to prepare design layouts, detail and assembly drawings, and electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, parts list and other related documentation in conformance to appropriate program and/or military specifications.
- The candidate may have to prepare specifications, drawings, procedures and related engineering change orders.
- At least 2-4 years of experience with CAD modeling tools, preferably Creo (Pro/Engineer) and AutoCAD, and drawing standards
- Strong technical background with high technical aptitude
- Strong verbal/written communications & interpersonal skills when working with team members/customers
- Self-starter, with the ability to work independently
- Basic engineering principles as they apply to hardware assembly
- Familiarity with Military and Commercial Drawing Standards, including ASME-Y14.100
- Experience in developing Interface Control Drawings and Cable Assembly Drawings
- Experience in developing wiring Diagrams, Installation Drawings, and Rack Elevation Drawings
- This position required the eligibility to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering is preferred.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Computer Aided Design
Ptc Creo Elements/Pro