HON and Allsteel, industry leaders in workplace furnishings, are in search of a Production Group Leader to join our Leveraged Furniture Operations (LFO) team in Cedartown, GA!
Our ‘Group Leaders’ provide critical front-line leadership to our manufacturing production teams, often in numbers averaging 35 members. In this role, you will lead your team to achieve daily production goals, overseeing safety, quality, cost, and delivery, being a driving force for ultimate customer satisfaction. Unique to this role is the opportunity to truly inspire and develop your team members, making a positive impact on them, the organization, and your own career.
If you have several years of experience in a leadership role, preferably in manufacturing, and you enjoy supporting and motivating others to achieve excellence by consistently reaching production goals, this will be a great platform for you! Experience in this role provides essential knowledge, perspective, and expertise that often leads to enhanced growth opportunities for a long-term future with HNI.
Some of the essential aspects of the Production Group Leader role include:
- Providing leadership to hourly production members to achieve daily goals in safety, quality, customer satisfaction, cost and delivery
- Coordinate with support groups to ensure capacity, material flow, layout of work area, and operational readiness
- Create and maintain appropriate staffing model to ensure flexibility with season and/or demand
- Support management initiatives by participating in and allowing direct reports to participate in continuous improvement events and other initiatives designed to engage members and develop talent
What it takes:
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership capacity; manufacturing preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and motivate others, develop talent for future succession.
- Strong problem solving and conflict-resolution capabilities
If you are interested in the Production Group Leader role, please apply using the link provided, or on [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Production Group Leader.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation’s leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products, which include a full array of gas, electric, wood, and pellet-burning fireplaces, inserts, stoves, facings, and accessories.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the “Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World”, by Fortune magazine as “The Most Admired Company” in the furniture industry; and named by Chief Executive Magazine as one of the world’s best companies for leadership development.
Leveraged Furniture Operations (LFO) is the branded name for our furniture manufacturing and operations structure. This encompasses all roles in manufacturing, plant engineering, supply chain, distribution and logistics, as well as some roles in finance and accounting, and human resources. By centralizing these key functions, we enhance our efficiencies, reduce costs, and ultimately improve our customer’s experience with HNI! When you accept a role in LFO, you’ll have the opportunity to make a significant impact on both our future and yours with work that matters, empowerment and autonomy, and growth without limits.
We invite you to visit us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Production Group Leader for the best visual overview of our organization.
- Conflict Resolution
- Interpersonal Skills
- Complex Problem Solving
- Continuous Improvement Process
- Material Flow