To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Memphis, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Clinical Hospice Liaison (RN) - Full Time
Amedisys, Inc. • Memphis, TN
Posted 18 days ago
Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Unique clinical environment:
Care for patients one-on-one in home environment with flexibility in scheduling
Culture of teamwork:
Shine on your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinary team
Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology and more
Professional development to build skills and opportunities to advance
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home and commitment to clinical excellence
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do:
The Clinical Hospice Liaisonis a clinical liaison position between health care providers to ensurecontinuity of care for patients transitioning from a facility to hospiceenvironment. The position has thefollowing general responsibilities: (1) after receipt of a referral for hospiceservices the Clinical Hospice Liaison will assess the medical needs of thepotential hospice patient and ensure that all necessary orders, documentationand collaboration between the referral source, the physician and the carecenter have been completed prior to the patients acceptance into hospiceservices (2) discussing the hospice benefit with patient/caregiver and havingconversations with them regarding terminal illness, death and dying, palliativecare where applicable and comfort care and symptom management (3) developingthe referral relationships of the care center within the community, inaccordance with Amedisys policies and procedures.
- After a patient has selectedAmedisys as his or her health care provider, the Clinical Hospice Liaisonvisits the patient/caregiver onsite to review the physician order, assess thepatient’s clinical needs and gather clinical information. The Clinical HospiceLiaison uses a Point of Service computer application to collect referredpatient data onsite and transmit it to the care center. The Clinical Hospice Liaison also facilitatespatient involvement in his or her own care by providing education and obtainingthe necessary information required for successful transition to home.
- TheClinical Hospice Liaison is also responsible for ensuring the patient has aphysician and obtains an order from that physician to oversee the home health orhospice plan of care.
- TheClinical Hospice Liaison is also responsible for establishing, growing andmaintaining relationships with facility-based referral sources, in accordancewith Company policies and procedures, by both communicating with existingreferral sources and identifying new opportunities.
Degree of Travel: Some travel will be required within Memphis community.
Schedule: Monday – Friday
- Must meet one of the followingqualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in with one (1 ) yearexperience in sales.
- One (1 ) year successful sales experiencewithin the healthcare industry.
- Current, unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the state ofservice. LPN, MSW, LCSW, PT, OT, SLP and PA are considered in some cases.
- Proven track record of developing and maintainingrelationships within a competitive marketplace.
- Demonstrated organizational skills within a complex,fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations/deadlines.
- Excellent oral/written communication, critical thinking,and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with general use and functions of thecomputer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e-mail;navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, andwindows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool bars; ability toself-manage online HR services and online training programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all members ofthe health care delivery team.
- Ability to support the philosophy, objectives andgoals of the hospice region.
- Ability to forecast needs, set priorities, and executeagainst developed strategies.
- Registered Nurse
- Previous hospice outreach experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, nursing, or healthcare
Benefits and More:
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Eligibility
- Eligible for benefits within 30 days
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Training
- Paid Time Off/ Holidays
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision); health spending account
- Cell phone Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401 (K) plan with company matching; employee stock purchase plan available
- Fleet car for eligible employees
- Flexible Scheduling
- FREE Parking
- One on one patient care
- Purpose filling work mission and values
- Family centered work culture
- True opportunity to advance in your career