If you're interested, please Email blocked - click to apply
This role is part of Finance's Subcontract Management & Procurement Team. The Procurement Manager is responsible for managing direct reports and for assigning purchasing responsibilities to associates. The Procurement Manager is also responsible for managing the full suite of Federal procurement management duties for complex contracts of all types.
This role includes some or all of the following key responsibilities:
- Is a Leader in the organization who leads and directs assigned direct reports and who brings established and new tools and knowledge to further the mission of the organization
- Is supervisor/career counselor to assigned direct reports consistent with Performance Achievement guidance and tools; manages training growth and needs of said direct reports
- Collaborates with program teams to meet Client project pre-award and post-award procurement needs (identification of requirements, BOM management, and delivery schedule) consistent with applicable Federal regulations (FARS, DFARS, and CSPR); Owns relationship with CAL and other MDs on the programs and Commercial Directors and works consistently to further develop those relationships
- Collaborates with CIO/TGP/Others to meet procurement needs for Client
- Develops and maintains vendor relationships; Identifies risks and issues, suggests alternatives that lead to the best solution
- Negotiates complex agreements including the research of contractual terms and conditions, applicable laws and/or other regulations as needed to provide market intelligence to clients as requested
- Ensure team provides information regarding the procurement actions to program teams (status, compliance, modifications); Prepare ad-hoc reporting and assist with special projects, as required
- Identify and participate in opportunities to continuously improve training, methodologies, tools, and skills
- Assign and maintain workload for buying team both for pre-award (NDA/TAs, proposal quotes and support) and for post-award (PO/CO/agreements/terms & conditions)
- Gather, review, and present metrics for team and direct reports on a monthly basis and as requested
- Requires identifying and assessing complex problems for area of responsibility. Creates solutions in situations in which analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Requires adherence to strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near-term goals.
Required Skills – experience in the following required:
- 7 years of Procurement and Subcontracting or Contract Management experience in a Federal Government contracting environment
- 4 years of experience negotiating complex transactions and agreements
2 years of vendor management experience
2 years of providing customer service to internal or external customers
1 year of experience leading a team
Some latitude in decision-making. Must be able to act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility
- Ability to confidently interact with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture, involving matters that may require acceptance of an alternate approach
- Advanced verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications – Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Skype
- Additional experience in program management, supply chain management, contracts, compliance, financial, and/or legal
- Advanced degree and/or Certifications related to Supply Chain
- CPSR experience a plus
- Experience with cloud and digital services
- Experience supporting internal functions – Marketing, IT, HR, A/P, etc.
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree required
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 973167
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WHAT WE DO:
Apex Systems is a division of the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in North America. From consulting to staff augmentation, we connect top tech talent with great companies in all industries.
Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing™ Client Diamond and Talent Awards for providing superior service to clients and job seekers, putting the company in the top 2 percent of all U.S. staffing agencies.
SUPPORTING OUR CONTRACT EMPLOYEES:
We take the time to understand a candidate’s talents and needs to ensure a good match with companies for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Each recruiter within Apex is focused on a specific skill area within infrastructure, applications, and project management. This focused discipline enables our local recruiters to work directly with our candidate’s and focus their talent on the right position at the right time.
WHO OUR CUSTOMERS ARE:
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a wide variety of industries, including communications, energy, financial services, government services, healthcare, technology, and utilities.
WHERE WE ARE:
Apex has branches in over 70 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 1,000 employees dedicated to supporting the needs of our clients and contract team members. Visit www.apexsystems.com to find a local branch or connect with an Account Manager or Recruiter.
View the full profile