Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), located in Washington, D.C., is one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country with one of the most diverse partnership groups in all of sports. MSE owns and operates five professional sports teams: the 2019 WNBA Champion Washington Mystics, the 2018 NHL Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals, NBA's Washington Wizards, NBA G League's Capital City Go-Go, and NBA 2K League's Wizards District Gaming. The company is also co-owner of aXiomatic, which has controlling interest in global esports franchise Team Liquid, and owns and operates Capital One Arena in DC. MSE also manages MedStar Capitals Iceplex, the state-of-the-art training facility for the Capitals and EagleBank Arena on George Mason University's campus. In conjunction with the District of Columbia and Events DC, MSE is a partner in a new sports and entertainment facility in Southeast DC on the St. Elizabeth's East campus that opened in September 2018. Facility highlights include MedStar Wizards Performance Center, the brand-new training facility for the Wizards, Go-Go and Mystics, and a 4,200-seat arena which serves as the new home of the Mystics and Go-Go. MSE also co-owns and operates Monumental Sports Network (MSN) with the NBC Sports Group. MSN is the mid-Atlantic region's top destination for exclusive fan experiences and original sports content across desktop, tablet, mobile and OTT streaming devices. Visit www.monumentalsports.com.
MSE proudly promotes its core values for all those that interact with the company. As a member of our team:
* You will provide first-class customer service and value for our fans.
* You will champion a double-bottom line that engages, unifies and gives back to the community we serve.
* You will work tirelessly to build generationally exceptional teams that compete for championships year after year and create lifelong memories for our fans.
* You will measure performance with specific objectives and metrics and our analysis and decisions are compelled by data.
* You will prize leadership, but you should value teamwork and collaboration and transparency even more. We treat each other with respect. We act with honesty and integrity. We remain humble.
* You will innovate. We are nimble and first to market. We are not averse to risk.
* You will have fun. We are in the business of happiness.
Position Overview: The Retail Coordinator is responsible for supporting day-to-day retail operations for Monumental Sports & Entertainment retail businesses, inclusive of handling our vendor partnerships, facility locations and team/brand activations within retail.
Do you have retail experience and are passionate about building and leading a strong team? We'd love to hear from you!
* Coordinate and maintain internal orders and invoices.
* Work collaboratively and help manage all retail staff - full-time, part-time and volunteers as necessary on game days and non-game days.
* Monitor merchandising practices by 3rd party retailer and address any concerns accordingly.
* Partner with retail parter to maintain merchandising expectations.
* Provide current, accurate and reliable information as to daily, weekly, and monthly activities and initiatives in support of retail operations and promotional/grassroots events.
* Assist with identifying new retail business opportunities through analysis, market research, sales performance and trends.
* Stay current with topics and trends related to premier practices across all retail types, especially sports and entertainment.
* Support social media accounts for the Team Store.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree.
* 5+ years experience in a retail environment.
* The ability to lead in a diverse environment with a focus on team concept, client and customer service.
* Strong leadership, business, and technical competence; ability to empower a team to achieve objectives and has ability to work with all levels of personnel and management.
* Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
* Outstanding organizational skills and detail oriented.
* Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
All applicants for employment at Monumental Sports are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Monumental Sports will evaluate requests for reasonable accommodations for applicants unable to be vaccinated due to a religious belief, disability or pregnancy on an individualized basis in accordance with applicable laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Accounts Receivable
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Service