Plant Manager (Food Manufacturing)
The Plant Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations, including production and warehouse operations. In addition, the Plant Manager will provide leadership to the entire plant, including safety, quality, maintenance, shipping, receiving and production. Works closely with Human Resources, Continuous Improvement and Quality to ensure all production goals are met. The Plant Manager reports directly to the President.
- Provide leadership and supervision for all plant production shifts and associated personnel. Effectively motivate, train and communicate with supervisors to assure superior levels of safety, reliability, sanitation and quality. Ensure individual and team levels of performance meet or exceed goals and expectations
- Prepare and conduct team meetings as necessary for proper communications and development of teams. Be able to work with Engineering and Quality Assurance staffs to create a cooperative environment
- Develop an expert knowledge of the production process and associated equipment. Be able to analytically and systematically troubleshoot manufacturing issues and develop the team to be self-directed in the same activities. Ensure that proper GMP procedures are followed
- Communicate directly with Human Resources to ensure employee issues or concerns are correctly addressed and resolved.
- Collaborate with finance to create and execute a capital budget to ensure that financial allocations and obligations are set, administered and met.
- Initiate cost savings measures relating to crewing, standards and yields.
- Be able to perform daily checks and reports to ensure that the products produced are of the highest quality
- Reinforce sense of urgency during production runs and periods of equipment downtime
- Effectively communicate issues to the management team
- 5-7 years’ experience and 3-5 years managing in a food or beverage manufacturing environment
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
- Thorough knowledge of safety regulations, occupational hazards and related safety precautions in the work environment
- Food safety and food security guidelines including good manufacturing practices and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points
- Refrigeration background, processing raw meats
- USDA knowledge would be a plus
- Strong, solution-driven background in manufacturing and operations
- Accustomed to adhering to deadlines and performing under pressure
- Ability to prioritize, maintains confidentiality and interacts with all levels of management across the organization
- Aptitude for independent problem-solving
- Ability to assign, direct and delegate responsibilities
- Diplomatic hands-on style of management
- Strong work ethic and pride in their work
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Industrial Management, Engineering, Food Science, Management, Product Operations or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Intermediate computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Office
Job Type: Full-time
Language: Spanish / English
Process Improvements (Business)
Production Planning Process