If you are a Senior Systems Analyst professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in Eden Prairie, MN; Boulder, CO; or Austin, TX you will provide functional and technical support in the design, implementation and maintenance around the processes and technology for product configuration where Oracle and other ERP systems are utilized. This role involves acting as a liaison between the business/end users and IT systems development teams for business needs requiring IT based solutions. The successful candidate will possess techno-functional ERP skills (70% functional, 30% technical) and be highly motivated to continuously improve business system solutions.
AS THE SENIOR BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST, YOU WILL:
- Identify and analyze business needs, conduct requirements gathering, and define scope and objectives and translate business requirements into application requirements
- Organize the program backlog and ensure that they are prioritized according to Agile Release Train (objective and key results /critical must).
- Establish proper coordination with Agile Release Train(ART) Leaders, Stakeholders, Product Managers, executives, and councils in achieving business value’s critical must/objective and key results (OKR)
- Develop and maintain templates/documents to be used in ART and program tracking and reporting to agile teams, stakeholders, and executive leaders/councils
- Make recommendations for solutions or improvements to business processes that can be accomplished through new technology or alternative uses of existing technology
- Conduct business impact analysis to aid in the prioritization and rationalization of program backlog
- Update the program backlog, reviews and contribute to the program vision, Roadmap, and content presentations.
- Perform root cause analysis and implement solutions to create increased system stability
- Provide technical support for interface integrations between configurators and various edge applications
- Mentor junior-level business analysts
WHO YOU ARE
You analyze multiple and diverse sources of information to define problems accurately and evaluate the trade-offs, risks, and benefits of possible outcomes before selecting a solution. You experiment with a wide range of existing technologies while applying new and emerging options that can enhance organizational outcomes. You adapt quickly to changing conditions and manage the risk that comes with moving forward when the outcome isn’t certain.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of technical and functional related IT experience
- At least 2 years experience with Product Configurators, Configure to Order, Bill of Materials (BOM), Inventory, order management, quote, and pricing business processes
- Capability of writing basic ad hoc SQL queries against database tables
- Ability to travel for face-to-face discussions up to 10%
- Legal authorization to work in the United States- sponsorship will not be provided for this position
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present and influence
- Experience leading a team or managing others
- Experience in project management methodologies (Waterfall, SAFe Agile or similar)
- Experience with PL/SQL
- Experience with Tableau and Power BI
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay a competitive base salary, within the local market in which we operate, and reward performance during the annual merit review process. In accordance with Colorado EPEWA, the salary range for this role is $80,000 - $120,000 annually, commensurate with the skills, talent, capabilities, and experience each candidate brings to this role.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. [ Link removed ]
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual and family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: [ Link removed ] .
Emerson is a leading global technology, software and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
We help customers in the world’s most essential industries solve the biggest challenges of modern life. Every day, our global workforce fulfills our unified Purpose and lives out the Values we hold close as an organization: Integrity, Safety & Quality, Support Our People, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration, and Innovation.
Our Causes – Planet, Humanity, Champion, Inclusion and Future – shape, define and fuel Emerson’s culture while inspiring our innovative spirit and driving our focus.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find opportunities with us. Join our team and start your journey today!
No calls or agencies please.
- Systems Development Life Cycle
- Systems Analysis
- Business Process
- Systems Management
- Requirements Elicitation
- Information Technology