Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
In response to steady growth within our Water/Wastewater business, our Water group in Chantilly, VA
is looking to bring onboard a motivated Senior Project Manager
to help with the continued development and growth of GHD’s Water Business. You will also provide technical leadership and delivery of major water and wastewater treatment and infrastructure projects for our clients throughout Virginia and the Southeast Region.
Specific responsibilities in this role will include:
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Foster relationships with existing and prospective clients through business development, sales, and marketing
- Lead projects related to master plans, sewer system evaluations & assessment, pump station design, pipeline design, and treatment plant upgrades
- Establish project delivery strategy and develop job management plan, QA plan, securing resources, establishing work briefs and budgets
- Prepare and monitor project budgets and schedules for existing projects
- Participate in the recruitment of new team members
- Participate in business development and marketing strategies specific to Northern Virginia area
- Develop pricing, scoping and win strategies for new work
- Mentor team members and assess work assignments; provide direction and training as needed
- Manage all communication pertaining to technical and contract project issues for client meetings
- Conduct work to appropriate professional standards and to the firm’s QA/QC requirements; participates in QA/QC programs for other projects as requested by managers. Prepare design computations and opinions of probable construction cost
- Preparation of reports, specifications, drawings, construction schedules, and permits for water/wastewater design projects
- Direct team of subject area leads for the development of design and construction documents
- Collaborate with Service Line Leaders and Project Managers within and outside the Region on work sharing and business development
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) license (in Virginia a plus)
- Minimum 15 years of experience (more than 20 years a plus) in planning, design, and construction of water and wastewater infrastructure and/or treatment facilities with at least 5 years in the Northern Virginia market
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability to develop, mentor and lead professional technical staff
- Strong business development, proposal preparation, and marketing skills; flexible and able to meet challenging deadlines
- A self-starter with good judgment and decisiveness
- A standout colleague with a strong client focus
Being the best we can be is in our culture. We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.
Product Quality Assurance