Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. At Enel North America, our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
Electrical Technician is responsible for supporting the installation, testing, and troubleshooting of medium voltage (13.8kV and below) and station service electrical equipment such as motors, and motor controls, switchgear, transformers, voltage regulators, electrical protective devices, main and auxiliary generators, lighting power supplies, electrical cranes, and battery support systems. This position will be responsible for troubleshooting and overhauling such equipment in addition to calibration, maintenance and repair of all power plant related instrumentation. This position reports to the Site Manager, Geo/Solar.
What You'll Do at Enel:
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
Who You Are:
- Supports completion of all scheduled maintenance for electrical equipment in a timely manner to maximize generation.
- Installs, tests, maintains, troubleshoots, and overhauls medium voltage power plant related electrical equipment.
- Gains technical information from electrical schematics, vendors information, and codes
- Performs current and voltage calculations as necessary
- Calibrate plant related instrumentation and use test equipment associated with the power plant.
- Performs calibrations as necessary and uses test equipment associated with the power plant
- Initiates reports and records associated with the control systems of the power plant
- Operates calibrated equipment such as Ultrasound or Thermal Imaging cameras
- Maintains the plant’s PLC system and performs programming modifications as needed.
- Documents all work activities in SAP PM including hours worked, materials consumed, etc
What You've Accomplished:
- Has an Associates degree or equivalent
- Has a minimum of 2-4 years of related experience
- An ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of PLC systems and related software
- Experience and ability to use electrical test equipment such as DMM, meggers and multi process calibration equipment
- Knowledge in electrical theory and troubleshooting techniques
- A valid driver’s license operable in all 50 states and Canada and a clean driving record. A clean driving records means:
What Enel Offers You:
- In the last 3 years, no driving-related suspension, revocation or cancellation, no disqualifying offenses, no more than 2 moving violations and no reckless driving incidents.
- In the last 5 years, no major driving offenses including DUI/DWI, refusal to test, leaving the scene, driving a commercial vehicle without a CDL, or at-fault fatal accident.
- Up to 25% of domestic travel.
•A rapidly growing yet well-established business, •Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and backgrounds., •Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family., •One of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the energy industry that believes by working together we can create a new energy era in which the world can become more sustainable., •Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders., •Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life with your professional commitments.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Enel North America is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Enel North America has facilities. Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact [ Email address blocked ] .
- Transformers (Electrical)
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Voltage Regulator