The Operations Manager shall serve as the main POC for the performance of program operations functions, assist the Government with financial issues, and assist with the development of business processes. The Operations Manager shall control the contractor deployment process to resolve operational issues in the deployed force. The Operations Manager shall ensure that all contractor deployments are executed on schedule and in full compliance with DoD, Army, and theater directives. The Operations Manager shall implement activities involving staffing and retention, forward movement preparation, short-term forecasting, onboarding into customer facilities, reviewing financial data, staff/employee engagement, and customer engagement. The Operations Manager shall coordinate skill verification between customer, contractor, and candidates to ensure alignment of staff skillsets to required mission. The Operations Manager shall manage execution of daily operations/recruiting. The Operations Manager shall lead and manage Team Leads in personnel management, training assessment, and professional development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance of the company on assigned program from inception through completion. Manages technical and administrative staff and provides ongoing direction in the performance of the assigned program.
- Develops and monitors program plan including time and cost estimates. Ensures project outputs are delivered on schedule and within funding.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to program plan and schedule, identifies program problems, and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Prioritizes workload and determines staffing levels and any adjustments in staffing. Maintains a staffing level to ensure technical quality and appropriate experience levels are consistent with current and projected project activities.
- Reviews reports and briefings prepared by technical staff for quality.
- Leads technical discussions for project reviews. Prepares and delivers formal briefings.
- Ensures that appropriate training is delivered to program staff.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customer, subcontractors and other outside agencies.
- Acts as primary customer contact for program activities. Regularly meets with and updates the customer on project status. Leads program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Develops new business or expands business with the customer. Coordinates preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract. Participates in negotiating contract and contract changes.
- Complies with quality assurance and security procedures in the performance of duties.
Required Education and Experience (Mandatory)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical, business, operations, or equivalent field
- Fifteen years of relevant experience in intelligence collection and operations
- Experience running day to day Program operations to include P&L
- A minimum of ten years of intelligence operations collection and analytics working for National Intelligence Community directives and requirements
- Graduate of a National Intelligence Course; i.e, FTC/OTC or equivalent
- Possess a current certification in at least one of the following:
- Possess a current PMI-PMP or PMI PgMP certification.
- Federal Acquisition Certification for Program and Project Managers (FAC P/PM) Level 3.
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level III Program Management certification.
- Possess active TS/SCI clearance.
- Experience at the Director level operating large scale $500M+ Programs in a Leadership position
- Ten years of experience leading and managing deployed operations in semi and non-permissible environments
- Ten years of experience on DoD-related programs
- Ten years of experience producing or overseeing the production Nation Intelligence products
- A minimum of five years of experience with oversight of engineering program logistics, as well as managing program the requirements of day-to-day operations of multiple teams in a distributed environment
- Experience with leading-edge AI and ML technology
- Previous FEDSIM program management experience highly desired
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership and management skills as evidenced by previous work experience.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Telework - Not Eligible
- Employee Engagement