Analyze plans, contract specifications and requirements to determine project requirements. Follow up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of project scope.
Lead the development of project plans in advance of project activity to assure effective execution by the Project Team and monitor progress to ensure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
Coordinate preparation and execution of engineering schedules. Utilize financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Prepare or coordinates preparation of progress billings, pursue timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
Participate in Project reviews, acceptance testing, handles the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings, system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree
- Previous project management experience (8+ years) including management/oversight of project profit and loss and leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with customers and leading customer interactions.
- Experience in the railroad or large construction industry, specially in track installation
- Familiarity with industry-related computer software and hardware.
- Control Systems Project Management experience preferred
- Claim Settlement experience desired
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) desired
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Construction Engineering
- Control Systems