A great job-and a great future-awaits you at Smithfield Foods. As the world’s largest pork processor and hog producer, we’re a $15-billion global food company with more than 52,000 employees worldwide. We’re looking for motivated people who want to join our team and grow lasting and meaningful careers with us.What we [ Link removed ] pay and benefits among the best in the industry
$1000 Hiring Bonus
The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
The Electricial Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing electronic and electrical equipment and providing technical support to other team members when needed.
Preference will be given to candidates with a certification or degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance and/or related college or technical level course work.
This is a full time hourly position; all applicants should be willing to work all shifts (days/evenings/overnights), extended hours and weekends. Core Responsibilities
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
- Maintains and installs communication cables, power distribution and wiring required for equipment as well as computer systems.
- Installs, modifiess and repairs all electrical/electronic devices.
- Assists maintenance technicians when troubleshooting electronic and electrical issues.
- Maintains involvement with operations of the plant processing equipment and scale systems.
- Assists parts clerk in ensuring an adequate supply of parts is maintained.
- Demonstrates strong safety leadership skills and follows safe work practices.
- Follows food safety and good manufacturing practices.
- Works as part of a team to plan and conduct equipment repairs.
- Maintains open and professional lines of communication with operations, management and all team members in the maintenance department.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- A high school diploma / GED and completion of formal trades training program, or an equivalent number of years of education and maintenance experience.
- Two years of industrial maintenance experience including comprehensive knowledge in three or more of the following areas: Mechanical systems, predictive maintenance, maintenance planning, site utilities, system analysis & troubleshooting, pipefitting & welding, machining, metal fabrication, electricity & motor controls, controls & instrumentation, PLC/software & hardware, pneumatics & hydraulics.
- Strong knowledge of AC induction motors, controls, sensors, pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical systems, start-up, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with computer/device networking using standard protocols (Ethernet/IP, Devicenet, Modbus, Hart, DH+/485, ASCII)
- Knowledge of programmable logic/automation controllers, human-machine interfaces, hardware, and associated programming languages (Ladder Logic, FBD, SFC, Structured Text). Platforms include; Rockwell Automation, Siemens, GE, Horner, Opto22.
- Knowledgeable in processes such as food processing/packaging, water treatment, refrigeration, and boiler control.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to work independently are also required for this positon.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, grip, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Regularly work at elevated heights.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits
Programmable Logic Controllers