Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority.
*This Position Follows a Union Bidding Process
About the Role
The Retail Sales Consultant will provided excellent in-store customer service to both current and potential Windstream customers by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills, and product and service expertise. The Consultant will offer additional products and services to enhance the portfolio of current customers while introducing Windstream’s communication and entertainment services to potential new customers.
- Greet and assist customers, whether by phone or in person, in an enthusiastic and professional manner
- Maintain an inventory of equipment and supplies by promptly placing inventory orders
- Merchandise retail store in an attractive and enticing manner
- Meticulously up-keep the store’s appearance
- Perform all Cash Policy related duties
- Follow all Windstream operational policies and procedures
- Offer products and services to new and existing customers by making outbound sales calls
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Desired Qualifications:Must be willing take inbound and make outbound sales calls to achieve sales goals
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to meet and exceed sales targets in a commission-based environment
- Project a positive, professional attitude along with a confident and outgoing personality
- Demonstrate proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly and successfully build rapport with a wide range of customers
- Ability to solve problems quickly and decisively
- Ability to use diplomacy when working with challenging or demanding customers
- Sales, Customer Service, Retail, or Hospitality experience is required
High school diploma or equivalent and 6 months to 1 year sales or customer service experience. College hours or a college degree may be substituted for some experience as deemed appropriate.Job Category:
Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national: origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability and veteran status. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.