People who want to do a great job want to work for a company that values that dedication.
Snider Fleet Solutions is one of the largest commercial tire dealers and retread service providers in the nation. We are recognized as an industry leader for providing innovative outsourcing alternatives to both single truck customers and large multi-location trucking fleets. In addition to in-shop services, we also offer 24/7 emergency roadside assistance. Youll be working with people who put everything theyve got into their jobs. Because they love what they do and they love being on a winning team. We go the extra mile in everything we do.
* Paid Time Off (PTO) personal, holiday, sick and vacation
* Career advancement opportunities
* 401(k) retirement planning
* Profit sharing
* Employer-Paid Life
* Employer-Paid Short Term Disability
* And More
We are currently seeking a team member who believes in the extra mile philosophy to fulfill our Shipping and Receiving Associate role.
As a Shipping and Receiving Associate, your responsibilities may fall under these specific roles: Painter, Stacker, Expeditor, Freight Specialist, Facilitator and Trainer. You will follow the process for revitalizing commercial truck tires while using Retread methods. As you progress professionally, your roles and responsibilities will increase, as well as training and Snider certification requirements on different posts throughout the Shipping and Receiving department and Retread plant.
What Youll Do on a Typical Day:
* Use sponge to apply an even layer of paint around the sidewalls of the tire to remove any unwanted markings.
* Stack tires by hand as well as using the squeeze lift
* Have basic knowledge all information contained within finished goods/reject labels
* Understand truck schedule and which locations to give priority based on scheduled shipment
* Fix all casings that cannot be processed (CAM spec issues, NOF, no barcode, incorrect plant, etc.) and communicates to store managers.
* Control and process rejects at initial and final, ensuring that they are properly rejected
* Write up casings and create new work orders as necessary
* Have extensive knowledge of B2B and Bibtread
* Understand pack lists and work orders, and the difference between the two
* Have deep understanding of reject codes, tread designs and retread process
* Loads and unloads trucks
* Scan receives each inbound load and communicates with Facilitator on where to store each load in the backlog.
* Tracks quantity of tires received from and shipped to each store location daily
* Creates bills of lading for each shipment daily
* Picks up stacks of rejects at initial, process them through to the shipping post.
* Loads tires at Initial inspection as required
* Have basic knowledge of Maddenco
* Provide feedback to store locations that do not adhere to SFS policy that outlines how they must send casings to the plant. Using the Best Practice document on file
* Ensures no tires with out-of-stock tread begin processing
* Organizes tires in backlog
* Prepares a pool of ready-to-process casings daily
* Minimize processing casings with out-of-stock tread
* Must be Snider certified in all Shipping and Receiving posts prior to becoming a trainer
* Must train all employees in Shipping and Receiving posts, as needed
This position will be based in a commercial tire manufacturing/distribution center at one of our commercial retread facilities. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, interacts with moving mechanical parts/equipment on a daily basis, and the noise level at the plant is usually moderate to high.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Education or Experience:
* High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required.
* Previous experience in similar role or industry is a plus.
* No experience necessary, training provided.
Certificates and Licenses:
* Forklift certification, obtained after employment.
* Commercial TIA certification preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
* Ability to pass background check and drug screen.
* Safety conscious at all times.
* Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment.
* Coachable, hardworking, and possess general mechanical aptitude.
* Must have strong time management skills, as well as close attention to detail.
* Reliable and dependable with self-initiative.
* Ability to complete all tasks assigned properly, with little to no follow-up.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to work effectively under pressure and time constraints.
* Ability to learn and operate provided service equipment and hand tools.
* Ability to work a rotating, on-call schedule, including nights and weekend shifts.
* Demonstrate excellent customer service and communication skills.
* Basic computer and/or smart phone skills.
You bring the drive. Well provide the training. Apply today to join our winning team.
- Attention To Detail
- Construction Toolkits
- Customer Service