The Meadows is the leading behavioral health treatment facility in Central Pennsylvania. The Meadows is located on a beautiful 52-acre campus just minutes outside State College, PA. As an integrated behavioral health care delivery system, The Meadows provides comprehensive services to children, adolescents, adults and older adults. The Meadows is licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and is also accredited by The Joint Commission (TJC). The Meadows is committed to providing individuals and their families the hope of recovery through an environment conducive to wellness, strength-based programming, and highly competent staff.
We have a great opportunity for an RN to join our team as part of our Admissions Department. The Admissions RN position is a part-time, benefit eligible position. The Admission RN position will be part of our dedicated and team-oriented Assessment & Referral Center (ARC). The position of Admissions RN will work primarily 1pm to 9pm and will rotate weekends with our existing Admissions RN staff member.
The primary responsibilities of the Admissions RN include:
- Coordination and completion of the nursing admission process. Completes the nursing admission assessment, initiates the medication reconciliation process, identifies the patients' expectation & goals for hospitalization, completes the initial treatment plan and provides unit and program orientation. Contacts the attending physician or designee to review the nursing assessment and obtain admission orders.
- Evaluation of acute/urgent medical needs of clients presenting to the lobby for potential inpatient admission or transportation out for medical evaluation.
- Work collaboratively with patients, families and after care providers, insurance companies and pharmacies to manage and reconcile problems and concerns with medications
- Complete nursing clearances for possible admissions
- Assist ARC with assessments, answering phone, taking referrals, reviewing with doctor and obtaining authorization with insurance.
We offer comprehensive and competitive benefits including generous Paid Time Off Program; medical, dental & vision insurance, 401k with employer match, short term & long term disability benefits, company paid life insurance, employee discount purchase program and more!
You can learn more about this opportunity by calling Human Resources at Phone number blocked - click to apply or stop by during our Open Interviews held from 8:30am to 3pm on Wednesdays.
The Admissions RN position requires:
- Strong positive customer service orientation. This position requires the ability to interact with and work collaboratively with patients, families, referral sources and all hospital staff.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred.
- Current license as an RN in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Previous mental health nursing experience preferred.
- Previous admissions experience preferred.
Registered Nurse Certified
Mental Health Nursing