To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Niles, MI 49120
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Spartan Tool • Niles, MI
Posted 16 days ago
Spartan Tool LLC is one of North America's leading manufacturers of electro-mechanical and high-pressure water jet drain cleaning equipment. Since 1943, Spartan has been leading the way in sewer and drain cleaning. We are dedicated to helping our customer work quickly, efficiently and safely. This focus comes through in everything we do, from the equipment we make, to the training we offer so customers can get the most out of our machines. Spartan’s customer base is the end user in a variety of industries including: institutional, commercial, government, municipalities, military and many more.
Spartan has always been first in the industry when it comes to quality. Our machines are famous for their toughness and are designed to withstand the rigors of professional use day in and day out. Our cables are known for their longer life and consistently superior quality. This is the kind of detail you can only expect from a manufacturer who understands the customer’s needs. Spartan knows because we've been there all along.
Spartan Tool LLC is a business unit of Pettibone LLC, which is an affiliate of The Heico Companies, a privately-held multi-billion conglomerate of over 40 companies. Pettibone LLC, headquartered in Warrenville, Illinois, is the parent of many independent operating companies which produce a wide array of equipment and products. The independent business concept fosters entrepreneurship and growth. It is consistent with our philosophy of developing a close customer contact to provide prompt, responsive service and to meet their customer's changing needs.
Currently we are seeking candidates for a Drafter/Designer position at our facility in Niles, Michigan.
The Engineering Drafter/Designer prepares Engineering drawings of components, parts, and assemblies for new products; documents updates and improvements to existing product drawings; and creates plans for use in manufacturing projects. Responsible for administrating the PDM system and configuration management of controlled documents. Resolves discrepancies by analyzing information and conferring with engineers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for providing team support within all departments to foster accuracy and excellence in quality customer service.
- Follow Spartan Tool Engineering Standards to ensure proper configuration of new products.
- Update and revise Engineering Standards as necessary.
- Prepare Engineering Drawings that control product manufacturing processes and specifications.
- Administer PDM system for document revision control and document approval.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Customer Service and Sales to ensure products are manufactured to the customer requirements.
- Use CAD and Drafting system to prepare drawings, model systems, and perform analysis.
- Clearly explain engineering drawings to manufacturers and production workers.
- Review and analyze specifications.
- Measure and layout parts for approval and quality systems
- Computer keyboarding. Proficient in MS Office, AutoCAD, and Inventor software.
- Understanding of manufacturing methods.
- Preferred experience with Microsoft AX and PDM system.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience mechanical drafting. Exposure to plumbing industry a plus, particularly around design, materials and manufacturing related to our product line.
- Minimum A. A. S. degree. Preferred B.S (computer aided drafting and design)