Quotes, negotiates (when applicable), issues purchase orders up to authorized limits for onsite services (e.g. industrial cleaning, scaffolding etc.), and capital projects (various sizes).
Services and Capital background knowledge is mandatory and respective information as reference should be provided.
- Fulfill the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Fulfill the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment.
- Ensure working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 9001: 2015/IATF 16949 and ISO 14001: 2015.
- Quotes and negotiates (when applicable) and issues purchase orders up to authorized limits for indirect-/direct materials, onsite services (e.g. industrial cleaning, scaffolding etc.) and capital projects (various sizes).
- Balances the price, delivery, quality, service and value tradeoffs and rationalizes the supply base on the given buying desk.
- Follows up with requestors and end users regarding purchase order due dates and status when inquiries are made.
- Follows all Purchasing/Supply Chain policies, procedures, guidelines, and instructions including those regarding the procurement of materials and particularly the ability to keep confidential information regarding all purchasing or commodity strategies confidential.
- Provides assistance to related departments when applicable to the assigned buying desk (e.g., supplier invoice discrepancies with Accounting, non-conforming material and supplier root cause, etc.).
- Negotiates, or assists in the negotiation of, short and long-term agreements.
- Assists with, or conducts, supplier site audits and investigations.
- Maintains the Buyer scorecard for the assigned buying desk to assist with cost savings/cost avoidance reporting.
- Serves as the main point of contact for outside departments (Engineering, Accounting, HR, etc.) as well as suppliers.
- BS in Finance/Accounting, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or Business Administration.
- Strong project management skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven contract negotiation skills.
- Understanding of Contract/Legal Terminology and Language at an intermediate/proficient level.
- Five or more years experience in purchasing/buying.
- PC and software literate, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and relational databases.
- Market and Industry research/analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing best practices.
- Project Management/Analytical/Leadership skills.
- Statistical Analysis
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Job ID: 2018-4021
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.