Provides patient care services in the back office medical setting, which will meet the specific needs of the patient.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Employed in Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia, Wyoming
1. Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent; and
2. Completion of an Approved Medical Assistant Training Program; or
- a medical assisting program accredited by The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health; or
- a medical assisting program accredited by The Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES); or
- a medical assisting program accredited by any accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education; or
- a training program offered by a Medical Doctor that meets or exceeds the requirements of an accredited program
3. Completion of an unapproved medical assistant training program and passage of the medical assistant examination administered by either the American Association of Medical Assistants or the American Medical Technologists; or
4. One year experience working as a medical assistant or other similar healthcare role; or
5. Completion of a United States Armed Forces medical services training program; or
6. Completion of a program comparable to a medical assisting program. Certification (applies to all states employed):
Current healthcare professional level CPR certification issued by American Heart Association, American Red Cross, American Safety Health Institute or National Safety Council. VALUED BUT NOT REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience: Prior recent experience in an emergency department, urgent care or other clinical setting.