To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Belvoir, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
TMG Construction Corporation • Fort Belvoir, VA
Posted 2 months ago
Other Great Industries
The Proposal Manager/Technical Writer will be responsible for developing and editing technical proposals; for monitoring websites and publications for leads and RFPs; for reviewing RFPs and associated documents to ensure proposal contents and format comply with published requirements. The chosen candidate will join the corporate marketing group supporting proposal developments, market analysis, and strategic initiatives. As technical writer, the candidate will also be responsible for working with Marketing Manager and Project Managers to develop content that can be used in social media, website and intranet blogs, and press releases.
Essential Functions of Administrative Assistant Position
Perform job responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner, communicate with management, co-workers and candidates in an effective, courteous and professional manner, abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instruction as required and treat personal information, sensitive data and other financial information on a need-to-know basis and in a strictly confidential manner. The employee performing this position is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle and feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee will be frequently sitting and occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required in this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus. Employee must be able to travel to various company and clients sites depending on meeting requirements and business needs.
- Develops, prepares and presents various documents related to promoting TMG’s corporate qualifications and capabilities (responses to RFPs and RFIs; capabilities statements; corporate brochures; project histories; corporate resumes; award applications; internal and external website articles; press releases; etc.);
- Reads and comprehends RFPs and RFIs; determine requirements and possible questions/concerns;
- Develops customized, competitive, responsive, and compliant proposal narratives;
- Proofreads and edits documents written by others, such as manuals, policies and procedures, emails; edits for understanding, readability, grammar, consistency, etc.;
- Creates effective graphics, charts and diagrams for inclusion in documents;
- Captures inspiring/interesting photographs of job sites, employees, and corporate events;
- Performs “data mining” of TMG’s systems for factual project information;
- Interviews subject knowledge experts (PMs/Superintendents) to extract required information/data;
- Provides quality assurance on formatting and content; ensures that formats, font size, and page count are consistent with requirements;
- Assists with other marketing-related projects such as corporate branding, videos, and tradeshows;
- Researches new business opportunities/sources of work via the Internet, emails and phone calls, and maintains tracking logs/spreadsheets;
- Assists with government certifications, including getting TMG on the GSA Schedule;
- Manages and executes concurrent and differentiated tasks assigned by various personnel/departments;
- Creates and maintains an e-library of copy/text, with an emphasis on easy retrieval for future use;
- Creates and maintains a photo e-library, developing a standard file and photo naming format;
- Supports physical production of responses (binders, covers/spines, dividers, copying, packaging)
- Attends trade shows and construction association meetings as appropriate;
- Performs administrative tasks such as making bank deposits, Post Office deliveries/pick-ups, bid/proposal deliveries, etc.;
- Performs other related tasks as required/assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field (English, Communications, Business Administration, Marketing);
- Minimum of two years of direct experience in a Commercial/Institutional Construction environment;
- Minimum of two years of technical writing experience;
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator preferred;
- Demonstrated competence in writing effective proposals/marketing documents;
- Ability to understand and respond to requests from contracting officials in the commercial and institutional construction industry in the Washington, DC, region;
- Understanding of construction terminology and processes;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Advanced organizational skills;
- Balance between being people-oriented and keeping production schedules;
- Production of an electronic and paper trail that can be easily understood by others;
- Effective interviewing skills; ability to quickly obtain essential/accurate information.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, multi-site environment;
- Is able to maintain a positive attitude under pressure;
- Works to meet deadlines and is driven to closure; able to work long days and/or weekends when necessary to meet deadlines;
- Is proactive, looks for problems that could impede progress and takes responsibility for solving them;
- Is able to prioritize and re-prioritize tasks as needed with strong time-management skills;
- Has a relentless thirst for knowledge, facts, details, and accuracy;
- Possesses a “Do whatever it takes” attitude;
- Embraces life-long learning, strives to stay current with new industry trends and practices, and willingly participates in industry events and networking functions.
Job ID: PROPMGR-327591
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.