Tetra Tech Inc.
is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. Tetra Tech Inc.
has an immediate opening for a Civil URL blocked - click to apply
to join their established and expanding remediation and environmental restoration team in Bothell, WA
. The qualified candidate will have a minimum of 3 years professional experience working as a staff or project Engineer on civil works projects, remediation construction and earthworks, site development projects, preferably those involving aquatic and habitat restoration
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Civil, Environmental, or Water Resource Engineering
- EIT preferred or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience with civil, remediation, surface water, or aquatic restoration projects, assisting with the design team to meet project objectives
- Strong knowledge of and the ability to assist in the preparation of engineering design plans, specifications, drawings, and cost estimates
- Strong familiarity with AutoCAD and Civil 3D and working knowledge of GIS
- Ability to develop Civil 3D terrain surfaces from topographic survey points and LiDAR DEM data sets
- Strong knowledge of Civil 3D surfaces, points, corridors, grading objects and breaklines while working efficiently in the Civil 3D user interface
- Strong technical report writing skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and project responsibilities
- Extremely responsible, equally suited to working independently or in a team environment involving a suite of restoration professionals including biology, ecology and geomorphology
- Able and willing to travel for assignments, including multi-day field work assignments across the northwest region
- Experience writing design reports and specifications, and various resource agency reports
- General knowledge of aquatic ecosystems as they relate to the principals pertaining to effective design techniques
- Experience with construction or construction oversight of civil, remediation, or aquatic restoration projects
- General knowledge of preeminent instream design techniques and practices
- Experience with hydraulic and hydrologic modeling related to stream and stormwater management, such as HEC-RAS (1D and 2D), HY8, HEC-HMS, and HEC-SSP
- General working knowledge of land survey techniques preferred, including use of RTK and Total Station equipment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, for immediate consideration please submit your resume to Tetra Tech, Inc.
, at www.tetratech.com
. Please mention the position you are applying for in your cover letter and include salary requirements. A Pre-employment drug screen is required. Tetra Tech, Inc.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com
to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on. If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (973) 630-8111.
Tetra Tech is an EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability employer. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.