Location: Kirtland AFB, New Mexico
The candidate will work within a cohesive team environment and is responsible for effective planning, initiating, and managing information technology (IT) projects. This individual leads and guides the work of technical staff, serving as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects, planning project stages and assessing business implications for each stage and monitors progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, customers, and partners. This individual shall develop, maintain, and update the program office's Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) IAW DoD Integrated Master Plan and Integrated Master Schedule Preparation and Use Guide. All results will be made available for consolidation into an Enterprise Master Schedule. Shall also provide integrated master schedule analysis including risk assessments associated with prime contractor source selections, programs, and any need by the SpRCO Director. Will also identify opportunities to improve program executability. Shall brief their results to SpRCO leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Must be able to perform the following:
- Assess current or future customer needs and priorities through communicating directly with customers, conducting surveys, or other methods
- Develop implementation plans that include analyses such as cost-benefit or return on investment (ROI)
- Develop or update project plans for information technology projects including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing
- Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an IT Project Manager
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- PMP Certification desired
- DoD experience desired
- Proficient in handling the most complex of technical development concepts, latest software tools and technologies, strong database concepts and designing techniques.
- Understands different programming languages and ability to solve problems in coding, testing and deployment.
- Possesses good knowledge of different software systems, client/server architectures and various compatibility requirements.
- Experience in troubleshooting, software development processes and ability to understand and implement client requirements.
- IT staffing and management
Top Secret/SCI Required
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary.
Kirtland AFB, New Mexico
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
Agile Software Development