Who are we? We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
We believe in cultivating an environment that breeds opportunity and encourages people to be the best version of themselves. Our team members see work as more than just a job-it's a career built on passion, grit and ambition. From achieving personal success to lifting others up to do the same, we all rise together. We help people achieve their goals-and then some. Our culture is centered around making an impact. We believe in doing what we love and encouraging others to do the same. Whatever direction you're headed, you'll find talented, driven and passionate members of the TEKsystems family creating meaningful work.
The Background Contract Specialist is based in the Corporate Operational Risk and Compliance Department in Hanover, MD. This position provides support to customers in all areas of the contractual language of background investigations, including but not limited to, evaluating contract language to determine our client's background check requirements, package set-ups, managing background vendor relationships and maintaining strict adherence to Allegis Group's Policy and Procedures.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review client service agreements to determine background check requirements
- Manage relationships with client required background vendors
- Create compliant background check packages/services with vendor(s)
- Work directly with field offices, corporate personnel, and clients to obtain service agreements or utilize internal documents to establish and create custom client background check packages.
- Educate and promote the capability of the background screening provider's system functionality and how field offices can use this functionality to assist them in developing and managing their own office background check program.
- Act as a liaison between our field offices and corporate personnel and background screening provider.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration or related field
- Knowledge of HR, Business, or Criminal Justice OR equivalent experience in business or background investigations
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
- Must have excellent customer service
- Must be able to analyze and diagnose complex situations/issues
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to handle high volume requests and deadlines
- Must be able to operate, at all times, with a functional awareness of all aspects of the policy and legal implications
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Effective Communicator
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and priority setting skills
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
Employees receive a competitive base salary, commission, and an exceptional benefits package including a 401(k) company matched retirement savings plan, parental leave and vacation, personal and holiday pay.
- Medical - BlueCross BlueShield Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dental - MetLife
- Vision - Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- Insurance - Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Additional benefits include:
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Education assistance
- Employee discounts on cars, electronics, travel, etc.
The Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Complex Problem Solving