To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2234 South Hobson Avenue
North Charleston, SC 29405
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Cloud (Systems) Engineer
CSS, Inc. • North Charleston, SC
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CSS is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer in support of our contract with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Office for Coastal Management in Charleston, SC. This position will provide high level enterprise systems support with a focus on Microsoft Azure cloud technologies.
The successful candidate will possess a wide range of IT knowledge, exceptional customer service skills, and a proven history of providing technical support in a fast paced environment.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting and improving existing on-premises and Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure
- Designing and implementing on-premises and Microsoft Azure systems while implementing best practices and industry standards to meet contract requirements
- Migrating on-premises infrastructure, websites, and data to the Microsoft Azure cloud
- Configuring Microsoft Azure monitoring and alerts for cloud resource availability
- Management of on-premises and Azure based Windows and Linux servers
- Working closely with application development and data engineer teams on day-to-day tasks along with project planning and implementation
- Administration of on-premises Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, and other network devices along with Microsoft Azure cloud networking
- Creating new and maintaining existing standard operating procedures (SOPs) for process documentation
- Providing backup support to the other IT team members as necessary
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and 2+ years experience or 5+ years relevant experience
- Confident team player with a positive attitude, great communication skills, and strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and quickly respond to issues independently
- In-depth understanding of cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Experience planning and executing on-premises to cloud migrations
- Experience working with Azure PaaS, Azure networking, and Azure site reliability solutions (please provide examples of each)
- Strong practical knowledge of Windows and Linux server operating systems (on-premises & IaaS)
- Experience supporting Microsoft Server operating systems and working with Microsoft Active Directory, SCCM, DNS, DHCP, GPOs, PowerShell scripting, etc.
- Experience managing a VMware virtualized server environment including ESXi administration
- Comprehensive understanding of cyber security best practices and threat protection
- Familiarity with change control and service desk ticketing systems
- Processing of a National Agency Check and fingerprinting will be required
CSS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.