Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Direct and manage an assigned team of clinical project management staff who manage or support studies or programs to ensure quality, time and budget deliverables are met to the Sponsor’s satisfaction. Work with staff to ensure that all study management and project deliverables are completed to the Sponsor’s satisfaction, ensuring quality deliverables on time and within budget and in accordance with SOP's, policies and practices. Ensure that employees are trained and individual development is aligned and in place to meet project and organizational needs.
- Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters
- Actively provide guidance and review of the scope of work, objectives, timelines, quality of deliverables, and other clinical project management activities for studies and programs.
- Coach and mentor employees around project planning, project review, risk management and problem solving to ensure global alignment of work practices across the team through the adoption and use of all process and technology tools and improvements by employees.
- Work with the clinical project managers to ensure that project budget(s) meet financial and company goals (realization targets), with a focus on proactively ensuring adherence to change control processes.
- Obtain and provide regular feedback to employees from other clinical project team members and key stakeholders to assist in personal and professional development. May attend project team meeting and site visits in order to support development needs. Identify skill and competency gaps at the individual level and work to craft appropriate development plans.
- Proactively manage risks linked to resourcing, project and/or individual needs with other management and leadership team members to manage study issues and obstacles.
- Act as a key relationship manager for assigned clients; recommend courses of action regarding client management issues; ensure that plans are implemented following approval by senior management.
- Working with individual staff to identify any quality issues within the study and coaching on resolution of issues, including implementation of corrective action plans and escalation.
- May act as point of contact or oversight for specific customers or programs.
- Provide technical expertise and clinical project management experience to project management and training and process improvement efforts.
- Serve as a project management liaison with other groups within IQVIA.
- Provide consultation to clients on drug development process, strategy, and plans as needed.
- Participate in function and/or corporate initiatives, special project assignments, and as a client liaison or departmental cross-functional liaison.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- In depth knowledge of, and skill in applying, applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including good command of English language
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Effective team-management skills
- Proven ability to work through others to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics
- Effective mentoring and training skills
- Ability to balance operational and strategic priorities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Good understanding of other IQVIA functions and their inter- relationship with Clinical Project Management
- Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications
- In depth technical and/or therapeutic expertise and knowledge of study, project and drug development processes
- Knowledge of project financial tracking and accounting methods and skill in applying them
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field and 12 years’ clinical research experience including 8 years’ leadership experience, including multi-regional and global focus; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
- Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
- May require occasional travel.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at URL blocked - click to apply to arrange for such an accommodation.Job ID:
Coaching And Mentoring
Complex Problem Solving