Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city’s skyline or any of the latest cars and trucks, chances are you’re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass, a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global™, a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle’s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency. And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people’s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
Guardian Industries is seeking you to become our next Senior Accountant!A Day In The Life Typically Includes
Month-End Close Function
- Recording payroll expense
- Oversee all cash account postings and perform month-end cash reconciliation.
- Reconcile fixed assets and post depreciation expense
- Assure compliance with lease accounting
- Reconcile inter-company accounts
- Mange close of Crib Inventory
- Reconcile various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Aid controller in closing inventory
- Perform analysis on expense accounts to assure financial accuracy and to provide trend analysis.
- Aid the controller in financial reporting. Provide monthly sales, inventory and expense reports.
Monthly Management of Inventory
- Reviewing and changing of cost standards as needed
- Preparing monthly inventory reports for management
- Creating new inventory analysis reports
- Partnering with production management and maintaining optimal inventory levels
- Examine physical inventory counts
- Aid controller in examining inventory variances.
- Help in development of bills of materials as needed
Key Business Partner
- Key function of the role is to provide value-add financial analysis as needed. The finance department is constantly involved projects as needed by senior management. We provide financial analysis need by management to make important business decisions.
- The individual that will fill this role must have the ability to develop effective analysis in a timely manner.
- Individual should be a \u201cself-starter\u201d in looking for opportunities to 1) identify any reporting anomalies through effective financial analysis 2) provide effective reporting that may aid in operational improvements.
- In order to be a key business partner, the individual must develop a strong understanding of the business. Also have a strong understanding of EGP’s internal financial reports as well as reports provided the parent company.
- Develop strong relationships with the leaders of the various areas of the business. Be looked upon as a strong business partner available to provide any assistance in making effecting business decisions.
- Ability to work with IT to develop/improve financial reporting
Key Contributor in future system migration efforts.
What You Will Need?
- Company will be consolidating two set of books into one in 2019. Individual in this role will be a major contributor to this system consolidation project.
- Company plans to migrate to various financial platforms over the next two years. Person in this role will be a vital contributor to these migration efforts.
- BS in accounting or finance. MBA and/or CPA plus.
- 5-7 Years accounting experience. Experience in manufacturing a plus.
- 4 years of financial close experience. Looking for an individual that can perform well in an environment that can close the books by the 2nd business day of each month. Perform effective G/L account analysis and reconciliations.
- Experience in working with ERP systems a big plus. Have ability to learn accounting system in order to enhance work performance.
- Strong background in financial analysis. Experience in developing/providing such analysis to assure financial statement accuracy as well as aid individuals in making informed business decisions.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Self-starter. Ability to gain strong knowledge of the business and how EGP’s financials work. Use this knowledge to seek business improvement initiatives.
- System migration experience a plus.
- Ability to aid Controller with various cost accounting matters such as Bills of Material Development, standards update and inventory variance analysis.
- Effective management of time. Be able to juggle projects as needed and keep up with month reporting requirements.
- Deadline oriented. Ability to complete tasks effectively and timely.
- Moderate level experience in Microsoft products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access). Many reporting tools are in Excel.
- Candidate must be flexible with hours. Work at times will require 50-55-hour work weeks.
What Do We Have To Offer?
If you have been looking for an environment where people are valued, entrepreneurial spirit is boundless and opportunities for success are based on merit, and if you want to add value to your company, then Guardian Industries may be the place for you.
Standard Accounting Practices